• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
OZ Stoners 710 Oil Vapour Pen Kit
Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana

Photo

Cannabis Oil Sold in OZ

- - - - - cannabis oil rick simpson sydney

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

x3alann

x3alann

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

So... does extracting hemp carry all the good stuff, such as CBD? how does it compare to the extracted version of cannabis?

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

Auqadoll

Auqadoll

Couch Locked

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1126 Posts:
  • Interests:Growing. Cannabis law reform
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
Cannabis oil carries a larger amount of THC where hemp oil has a larger amount of CBD. THC gives a high effect and from hours of research trying to understand hemp oil (not hemp seed oil) seems to be better for alot of medical condions with a trace amount of THC.

x3alann

x3alann

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 10 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

Cool. I guess going with extracting the hemp oil purely for the CBD would be an easier idea. Whilst, sticking to vaping the normal loose leaf would give me the THC side of things.

hm.. cool info

greenqueen2

greenqueen2

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4611 Posts:
after playing around with cbd for a while i was put onto using thca and to be honest i recken thca worked better with a lot less fuss, looking into thca vs cbd you might be surprised

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Auqadoll

Auqadoll

Couch Locked

• Guests
  • 1126 Posts:
Whats thca GQ?

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • 2443 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS

Hey Aqua,

I'm going to 'try' to attempt to explain in real basic terms.

The cannabis plant makes cannabinoids as acids. The 8 primary cannabinoid acids are CBGA (Cannabigerolic acid) THCA9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) CBDA (Cannabidiolic acid)

CBCA (Cannabichromenenic acid) CBGVA (Cannabigerovarinic acid) THCVA (Tetrahydrocanabivarinic acid) CBDVA (Cannabidivarinic acid)  and CBCVA (Cannabichromevarinic acid)

​For you and I to obtain the high the plant matter needs to be put through a process called decarboxylation. Heat causes this process to occur. When I make oil I use some heat but not enough for the decarb process to occur, therefore I gently heat the plant matter, in the oven, to make the decarb process occur prior to making oil and this converts the THCA to THC. In real basic science terms, heating breaks the carboxyl ring and this converts the THCA to THC.

THCA has a couple of useful properties. One is an anti-inflammatory and the other is a neuro protective property. But THCA has no psychoactive property. It's only after being decarbed that the psychoactive properties occur.

​So, that's about as 'basic' as I can explain it. I hope that makes sense.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n, 10 March 2018 - 05:05 PM.

There's only one way I get my 'greens'

and it ain't by eating them

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Auqadoll

Auqadoll

Couch Locked

• Guests
  • 1126 Posts:
I think so. So mild heat changes a component ie THCA to THC. I saw on google a way using a slow cooker to make THC oil using olive oil. Cant wait for my babies to grow so i can make the stuff and finally get of the endless cycle of stress chasing stuff for my husband and i want to try it get of high doses of Benzos after years. Thanks for that.

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • 2443 Posts:

Decarb occurs at 104.4C to 112.7C. All you need is some parchment paper, and a baking tray. Finely grind your cannabis until the material can be spread evenly in a thin layer over the parchment and placed on your baking sheet. Allow the cannabis to bake for 30-45 minutes.

Cannabis can also be decarboxylated in a slow cooker by introducing solvents such as cooking oils or lecithin. These methods create infusions that can be used in a variety of cooking recipes and even cannabis capsules.

Since they contain decarboxylated cannabinoids, they will be effective any way you choose to consume them.

​Hope it helps

Merl1n

Auqadoll

Auqadoll

Couch Locked

• Guests
  • 1126 Posts:
It does Merlin. Probably more than you will ever know. It means god willing once we get a grow in we can finally go on holiday like normal people and maybe help out a few close freinds here as well.

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • 2443 Posts:
Hey Aqua,
Those temps are the 'optimum' temps vs times BUT you can decarb at lower temps but it takes longer for the process to occur. Here's 3 graphs that demonstrate temps relative to THC decarb

Attached File  THCA-decarboxylation-730x549.jpg   67.05K   18 downloadsAttached File  Reaction temps THC-A to THC graph.jpg   10.11K   16 downloadsAttached File  THC content vs time optimum temps.jpg   14.43K   14 downloads

Merl1n

Attached Files

Edited by merl1n, 11 March 2018 - 12:46 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cannabis, oil, rick, simpson, sydney

Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.