Autopots

I'm setting up a couple of pots in an autopot setup. I'm too tight to buy the actual kit so just bought the autopot smart valve and setting up the rest myself. I can't grow it indoors so am going to give it a crack outdoors. I'm using coco coir and perlite as the medium at 70-30 mix. Just wondering who else have used this set-up and any tips for a newbie in this growing technique? I have some A and B veg nutrients that my father gave me so will be buying some more once I get going.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by Maxlass

I was dumb enough to try them .just using the pots for run to waste now .but I followed their dumb advice and went 50/50 perlite and vermiculite.

Too soggy for the roots and I ended up with all sorts of problems

They grew well in veg but once in flower they went to shit.

If your intent on trying them ,use mostly perlite especially for the bottom part of the pot .

But my advice is to steer clear of autopots, ,at least for growing weed anyway.

• Upvote 1

There are some good grows on OSA using Autopots, when u buy the kit the trays have a lug bit built into the tray that the smart valve slides over this holds the smart valve in place so when the tray floods the SM doesn't float away and continue to flood, you'll need to work something out to hold your SM down and in place unless u bought the correct SM with the outer box that is designed for DIY trays

SE u should have added a air stone to each pot it would have changed your outcome significantly along with 100% perlite i grew like this for a while over a few grows minus the auto bit and my grows grew fantastic i think its all in the air stone

There are some good grows on OSA using Autopots, when u buy the kit the trays have a lug bit built into the tray that the smart valve slides over this holds the smart valve in place so when the tray floods the SM doesn't float away and continue to flood, you'll need to work something out to hold your SM down and in place unless u bought the correct SM with the outer box that is designed for DIY trays

SE u should have added a air stone to each pot it would have changed your outcome significantly along with 100% perlite i grew like this for a while over a few grows minus the auto bit and my grows grew fantastic i think its all in the air stone

I fixed the valve and it seems to be working as it should. Ended up layering the coco/perlite 30/70 at the bottom, 50/50 then 70/30 at the top. Trial and error for the first time.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app