Digital Ph Pocket testers

Lucian

i have searched high and low for a good price on one of these meters , i am sick and tired of the bloody dropper test kit

the cheapest i have found this in OZ is 135.00

i can get one from the USA , including postage for $115.00 OZ , but obviously warranty is then out of the question .

has any one seen this cheaper than $135.00 , i think the rrp is $148.00

Thanks in advance Lucian

1st Pure I posted a really long answer to this question. and I just noticed that its gone???

I dont have the same energy now as I had then but-

Dont buy cheap testers IMO.

but if you want a cheap reliable tester go to-

www.aquariumproducts.com.au they have a fairly good one for $75-00.

or The BEST tester is one made by the same people as the truncheon. because it is reliable, and can also be added on to make up a Maestro which is a full automated system.

otherwise checkout www.hydrocentre.com.au or www.hydroshop.com.au

I still use the liquid testers for one good reason. Chemistry never lies.

Still, the Eutech ones are supposed to be good, around 130 or so. :D

But yeah, I will and do suggest that everyone tries and has at least got the liquid ph tester on hand for calibration. The flairform one is excellent. These will always tell you what the ph is, well, unless you're colourblind. lol

Just make sure you read them under a cool white fluoro and not the hps/hid, or you'll get a false color from the orange light. 6 will look like 5.5 :D

hello mate, :yingyang

man its such a shame your not closer. We have great ones here in the uk and i have heard of peeps useing them for years without haveing to re-caliberate, just change the batteries. I have 3 and think they are great.

heres the link so you can see them

uk Ph meters

hope this helps a little

peace p_L :yingyang

Ive just bought a Hanna pHep4 off ebay for AU$90 including shipping from US.

If your interested the seller does mass auctions with a "buy it now" price of US$54.95 + US$11 shipping to Oz.

If all meters are sold, she will add more to the auction as needed ( sent her a email to check & its all good )

Just waiting on my meter to arrive!!

Any way its at ebay ( not the aussie one ) , if you do a seller search for thesilvergenie, you should find her ebay store.

I AM NOT getting any kind of commission or kickback from this, just want to help everyone out!!

If you have q's about the meter, ask OldManMozz as he's owned one for a while now & raves about it!

If anyone does a seller search for "thesilvergenie" they will get no results because that is the seller's username but if they do an item search for "Hanna pHep4" they will find digital pH meters for sale, and if they look at the shop name they will find "Sunstone Herbals" is the name they should have done the seller search on in the first place, or they could just do a seller search for "Sunstone Herbals". lol