PLATINIUM HYDRO STAR 

d-max420

Hi there fellow stoners

I've got some plants in coco 70/30 perlite just in samll pots atm (some nice afghans) im looking at putting them in the platinum hydro star system just seeing if any one out there has used this system and can give me some feed back on it few things i would like to know

Dose the res have a bung hole for quick drain and do the hoses get blocked from the coco in the pots

Tia cheers

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

It can be done using coco in a recirculating system it is not recommended nor designed for it coco is simply a run to waste design as is soil, when u pass nutrients thru coco the coco takes out some of those key nutrients than when u recirculate the nutrient its than missing the key links and so on

the way u can use it is if u really dial in the pump on a timer so u don't have any run off but water sufficiently this will basically be a run to waste but you have no waste, Autopots and the like don't have run off so it can be done but u need to be really precise on water timings and salt can build up

a bloke on here done a recirculating coco system a few months back everyone told him it its not designed for coco but he insisted on doing it he had 3x 600w lights so it was a rather decent setup, i can't recall if he had any problems but he did pull off a harvest

u ideally want perlite, expanded clay balls in a recircuating system because it does not remove any key nutrients from the food as its recirculated

in your case its not really that big of a deal just remove your plants from the pots and wash off as much coco as u can than plant it into the new system a lot of people do this

It can be done using coco in a recirculating system it is not recommended nor designed for it coco is simply a run to waste design as is soil, when u pass nutrients thru coco the coco takes out some of those key nutrients than when u recirculate the nutrient its than missing the key links and so on

the way u can use it is if u really dial in the pump on a timer so u don't have any run off but water sufficiently this will basically be a run to waste but you have no waste, Autopots and the like don't have run off so it can be done but u need to be really precise on water timings and salt can build up

a bloke on here done a recirculating coco system a few months back everyone told him it its not designed for coco but he insisted on doing it he had 3x 600w lights so it was a rather decent setup, i can't recall if he had any problems but he did pull off a harvest

u ideally want perlite, expanded clay balls in a recircuating system because it does not remove any key nutrients from the food as its recirculated

in your case its not really that big of a deal just remove your plants from the pots and wash off as much coco as u can than plant it into the new system a lot of people do this

you did acknowledge salt build up but really only glossed over it. Salt build up can ruin your grow. If hand watering always have 20-30% run off.

Cheers heaps for the info theres not that much i can find online i like my coco think im just going to set up a diy RTW tray table with a auto top feed system

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

That would be ideal, have one tank for fresh nutrients and one tank for catching the run off if u run by the Greenhouse Seeds Co growing scheduled you probably wouldn't even need run off they do a lot of calculated flushing throughout the growing cycle, but even in saying that i have done full grows with barely a drop of run off without any salt problems