growing seeds

kona

Be careful, Before it pops up you should keep it in a dark warm place,

And when it does come up keep it out of bright light and direct sun.

Once it has grown with a couple of lats it will be ok under the sun.

Potting mix is good, try to get one low in fertilisers to start with.

African violet mix is good in flower.

B) here's something a little different I have a tropical fish tank and I start mine by first placing all the seeds in a glass of lukewarm water and seal with glad wrap. allow the glass to cool on the bench for a couple of hours. Then put the glass in your fridge for about 4 or 5 hours to bring the temperature of the water down to about 6 deg. This covers all possible germination temperatures from all the hemispheres globally. Then put your seeds in to rock wool starters and spread them on a shallow tray that will float. Put them under the glass and floating on top of your water. Cause it's a tropical tank the thermostat maintains a nearly perfect humid environment,and your flouro will provide the perfect light. Personally I find i get a 99.9% strike rate. :thumbsup

Anyway will work and you might have more luck than most.

I found through years of growing outdoors that if you let them establish their roots under shade that they do it faster. As soon as they have roots they are ok under bright lights.

Main issue is for fairly new people letting the plant dry out. also im in Queensland where the sun is very hot in summer. and if you put seedlings under the sun it WILL cook them.

When you averidge 45 degrees and peak at 50 degrees (sometimes higher but thankfully not too often)  like we do here in QLD you need a bit of shade.

It does get that hot here in the summer also.I still say fullsun always ,and keep them moist, Try some both ways,then you will see stronger plants on the ones in full sun.Bet ya