New grower need advice

Just to play devils advocate, I'll say run with what you have. Get a grow under your belt and see if it's for you before forking out another 1k on better equipment. I'd also like to see someone complete a grow with the cheap ebay kits as I have not seen it done before.

Stick your lights on 12/12 now with veg lights,, they won't need any veg time in that little tent. Once you see pistils change to your flowering lights. Same with nutrients.

• Upvote 2

For an established grower, Serrated may be right.

But for a newbie, I'd agree with FF and I go back to a former statement "...it's all a learning...", why throw away an opportunity to learn? See what happens in those cups, they may get big enuf for ya to sex 'em without transplanting. Change to 12/12, see how they go. Do those cups have drainage holes? I hope so. Otherwise the roots will become waterlogged.

Give it a shot, you're bound to learn something. Even a cockup helps ya learn. In fact especially a cockup will make you learn. Like "DOH, don't do that again lol "

I'd also like to see someone complete a grow with the cheap ebay kits as I have not seen it done before.

Can't remember where but I recall a bunch of people saying that buying equipment or kits online was a good way to get put on a list :P 

Whether it's true or not I don't know but there was an article about a uni student who was fascinated by the equipment they had at their disposal on campus and decided to order, if I remember correctly, a condenser coil so that he could play around with orange peels at home...two weeks later he got his door kicked in by some vermin that charged him with conspiracy to produce a dangerous drug or something like that.

I know we're talking about two completely different things but the same rules apply...sort of.

But weren't they buying a excessive amount online, I would think it would take more than a grow light or 1 kit to bring them to your door

There must be a lot of ppl buying those items and not using for anything other than tomatoes or getting normal flowers to bloom out of season etc

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

All the filth need is a 'suspicion' of an item being used for nefarious purposes for a warrant

A condenser can VERY easily be seen such an item. It could be used in any number of dubious ways.

If the coppers came knocking and he was, in any way, less than co-operative(or the copper was after brownie points or keeping up their arrest stats) they could/would throw any and every lawbook at him. Be a prick, that's what happens. It's better to bendover take what's coming and deal with it, just like a good little catholic schoolboy. It's all about power and the filthy coppers have ALL the power in that situation.

Merl1n