grow tent advice

hi guys. i have just finished my first grow a month or so back. results were good but the grocell tent i was using already has a broken main zipper. so my question is what brand of tent do you guys recommend me to buy that will last? im looking at a gorilla tent but are they worth the extra money?  i would rather buy once cry once (to late i know).

One thing i personally will be looking for when i next buy a tent is back flaps so i can access the plants at the rear of the tent, with a tent full of DWC gear and lights etc it can get fairly busy in there, i actually cut a square out of the back of my tent last time i used it as there was no way i could get through to them without damaging branches etc, worked out OK then because i had changed to 12/12 but the tent is rooted now for next year as there would be too many light leaks for me to do 18/6 hours, hope you know what i mean. Soooo Yea back access flaps and if possible side access also would be beneficial i reckon.

Cheers

Z

• Upvote 1

ive got a Seahawk recently pulled down .poorly made crap stitching ,overall a shit tent.

Replaced that with a Gorrilla with the extra height add on .about 2.44 high no side windows or doors but two clear viewing windows at the front .

This has vents I think way too big about 30 cm as the tent I got is only 90x90 at the base.but that is just a minor point .i think it's nice and strong

Plenty of flaps so light won't escape but five zips to fully open the front up is a hassle .

Also have a Gaddis Pro that I really like .One zip to open the door or either of its two side windows .only down side is that you can see light through the zip .not much but visible.it doesn't worry me as it's in a dark room anyway ,but for ease of access and strength I love it.

Also I don't think it would be too difficult to make some homemade flaps with Velcro to cover the zips .

If you use nets or scrog then go something with side windows .

ive got a Seahawk recently pulled down .poorly made crap stitching ,overall a shit tent.

Replaced that with a Gorrilla with the extra height add on .about 2.44 high no side windows or doors but two clear viewing windows at the front .

This has vents I think way too big about 30 cm as the tent I got is only 90x90 at the base.but that is just a minor point .i think it's nice and strong

Plenty of flaps so light won't escape but five zips to fully open the front up is a hassle .

Also have a Gaddis Pro that I really like .One zip to open the door or either of its two side windows .only down side is that you can see light through the zip .not much but visible.it doesn't worry me as it's in a dark room anyway ,but for ease of access and strength I love it.

Also I don't think it would be too difficult to make some homemade flaps with Velcro to cover the zips .

If you use nets or scrog then go something with side windows .

I love me Seahawk, especially the way the zipp pulls of in your hand, and you have to spend 20 mins cursing and swearing to get it back together 

Highly recommend one

• Upvote 1

Mars tents are ok but not gorilla tough. Metal frame is a little light for purpose but takes my light and filter fine. A few really small light leaks that are just the way it was packed. Easily dealt with. 900w mars II light and a 6" can fan with a phresh 150x500mm filter.

$550 light and tent. 1.2x1.2x2m. Very cosy with 4 plants. Grow 2 easily.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I brought a hydroexperts tent, it seems alright, metal corner's and it was pretty cheap very few light leak's. The air flaps on the base don't have velcro so they're not closeable, nothing's broken yet, I did bend the posts using a 550 cfm tho

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by maryjaneclouds

I have a harvest max and a cheap unbranded Chinese tent

Both have great access , the smaller 1 is harvest max 1.2/.9/1.8 zippers ok n no real light leaks

The bigger Chinese tent is not as sturdy but holds it up no problems, hanging 2 exhausts the 2 hps with no sag its 2/2/2 the zippers r ok , on both u got to be careful not to get backing caught in zipper but for $159 it was a bargain

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners