Companion Planting

Thanks for the ideas :-) I got coriander growing like weeds all over the place. Been ripping it out and throwing in compost pile but now I will actually use it.

I like the radish idea also since the soil here is heavy clay

I like the idea of IPM, if I had any money I'd get some magical pest killing bacteria stuff.

At the moment tho I don't want to spend lots on pesticide ands fertilizer even if it's organic I want to be able to make it myself from stuff I already have if possible. And mild/safe because I once killed some plants by over applying pesticide and now I'm paranoid so mostly use stuff that I can't overdo or mess up easily. That's just me tho

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

you need to checkout the unconventional farmer http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/

make your own castings & compost 

buy a bunch or take cuts from someone , Aloe Vera 

you can use aloe like seasol , you'll need a few so you can share the load over a few plants

as you use the leaves 

buy seeds , pretty cheap , cover crop / green manure mix https://www.greenharvest.com.au/SeedOrganic/CoverCrops/GreenManureIntroduction.html

these can also be made into seed sprout teas , you can also use corn , alfalfa/lucerne , barley seed , unconventional farmer shows seed sprout teas 

• Upvote 1

Wow itchy every time I read the stuff u link I'm sure I'm dumping good info to store your information!

So much great stuff, u only got take a bit on board n you're way in front

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

i like it cause with dudes like the unconventional farmer , he show it very simply 

& you don't realize your being educated to a point , soemwheres down the track the brain will call up 

what you didn't know you knew , building blocks 

also lots of stuff you can use to save you money , not to mention the money you do pay out is most likely 

what you can use to save money , lots of times it's the same thing in a pretty bottle & marketing  

I found on some previous indoor grows in a box, that putting some small coriander and also garlic chive plants in the box too, seemed to help with both spider mite and fungus gnat issues. Although I had also started regular spraying with neem solution during veg and then a homemade solution during early flowering (chilli spray with some drops of rosemary oil) so that would have helped too.

Never tried it but was curious - and may still give it a go one day - planting spring onions in the same pot as MJ is meant to be beneficial in terms of improved soil - the onion family is meant to be good at helping fix certain nutrients that the MJ uses and vice versa. If you're interested and a member of the 420 forum, a previous member 'Cannabelle' was well into it and has some awesome threads on the topic. She has a photo of Blue Ox with spring onions growing in the same pot.

• Upvote 1