Companion Planting

I planted two capsicums and a French tarragon in one of my tubs of OG Kush. The tarragon is doing fine, but the capsicums aren't getting enough light. The OG is not showing any benefit compared to my other OG without companion plants. I always grow tubs of tomato plants, as in my experience they have similar requirements to MJ and tend to show deficiencies faster. Also they deflect attention away from plants I'd rather not get noticed. Not that it seems to matter. I had a front garden full of big poppies during the year, and currently have a few MJs in various stages of growth out the front. Most people don't know one plant from another, so basically because I have so much produce growing in my garden folks just assume I'm growing unusual varieties of veges.

• Upvote 2

part of the way i use companion planting is as a cover crop 

at some point your canna plant shades out the cover crop & it dies back 

that die back releases N in the root zone from the N fixers in the CC

all plants have a balance between root & shoot , if the plant loose shoot 

it will dump the equivalent root to balance & try to survive & re grow  

the reason i say it's a companion cover crop is the need not to mono crop = only crowing canna 

& the soil life & nutrients it supplies via the composting process happening at the top of the pot or plot

from the die back  

timing with companion plant / cover cropping takes a lill tuning to not let the CC out compete the canna plant 

i've seen guys growing egg plant in there room as it is a preferred plant to attract some bugs

it's called using Trap Plants  

many ways to deter & control pests