True origins of strains thread.

It is solely a clone only strain now and only hybrids are offered by random seed banks.

Only hybrids? Must be a licensing thing or something because they can't otherwise stop anyone from treating a female clone with colloidal silver to make female pollen to fertilise another (or a non-treated branch of the same) clone and collect feminised seeds?

AFAIK any female cannabis plant can be forced to produce female pollen by horrible things like silver before and during the first 3 weeks of flowering?

After reading about many candidate strains I've decided that Dr Grinspoon by Barney's Farms will be what I would choose.

Unfortunately it's out of stock everywhere in the usual locations.

If anyone comes across any that is available on their usual seedbank or browsing of sites I would really appreciate a message to let me know.

It's been out of stock for at least the last 8 months - I've been keeping an eye out since I managed to taste some early this year. I hope the strain isn't lost.

• Upvote 1

Another reply:

Hi

Thank you for looking us up we always ship in original packaging unless asked to remove the seeds, we will gladly ship to Oz & have done many times we will send your order in a *****removed***** for protection and stealth and email you the tracking details. Unfortunately I have just checked our stock and those seeds are no longer in stock I have also contacted our UK suppliers and have been told that they are not currently available from Barneys Farm.

It's been out of stock for at least the last 8 months - I've been keeping an eye out since I managed to taste some early this year. I hope the strain isn't lost.

Appreciate the insight.

The strain is brought out from time to time it seems since it is a slow bloomer I'd imagine they have more profitable seed runs that they will do.

Research on it gives it previous names of Quaze, Pure Equatorial Sativa and some others. All appear to be the same strain rebranded.

The reply above was from a UK supplier who had it showing as available but I'd say all stock is probably depleted at present.

It was called Senor Garcia, Mexican Sativa X Thai X panama red

The original breeder was Reefermans seeds

Dr Grinspoon http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Dr_Grinspoon/Barneys_Farm/

Senor Garcia: http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Senor_Garcia/Reefermans_Seeds/

Senor Garcia doesn't appear to be the same as Dr Grinspoon - was that what you were referring to? I'm confused as usual.

Dr Grinspoon http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Dr_Grinspoon/Barneys_Farm/

Senor Garcia: http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Senor_Garcia/Reefermans_Seeds/

Senor Garcia doesn't appear to be the same as Dr Grinspoon - was that what you were referring to? I'm confused as usual.

Have another look, its the same strain, it even says on Barneys description, except barneys says pure sativa, Reeferman says 90/10 sat/indica

It seems that Senor Garcia is as unavailable as the doctor.

The common parent Oregon Purple Thai sounds interesting also.

I spent last night reading about Neville's Haze and the one I got from my friend that I resurrected was a freebie from Seedsman that I have discovered is a Greenhouse Seeds variety. Also read some smoke reports that again please me that I went through the effort to bring the NH back. Seems like its the one by default since all the other interesting stuff is unavailable atm.