• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

True origins of strains thread.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Marrawahrrrna

Marrawahrrrna

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
I've been doing alot of research about some strains and it's such a mixed up world of breeders and seedbanks that it's a wonder anyone knows anything about any strain these days.

I'm almost at the point where I think, theres so many good (possibly fake) reviews about all these strains that they must all be pretty fucking good.

I want to get some elite genetics though and it costs a bomb for sure.

But I want to be getting the right version from the right people.

The two strains I am most interested in learning about are:

1. Skywalker

2. Trainwreck

These two seem to be exactly what I would enjoy. Who are the true breeders of each of these and where is the best place can one get them?
Kentucky Freud Chicken - Cock sucking good.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

chimpski

chimpski

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

Trainwreck: http://galaxy.phylos...hprc/trainwreck (if you click on the clone group 'Trainwreck', you can see other clones and organizations that sequenced that variety).

Genetic Report - interestingly high shared amount of hertiage with Hemp:

https://testing.phyl...notype/woy2y7dg

Skywalker is not known in the Galaxy yet. There are 4 different cuts out there that have been sequenced: search skywalker from http://galaxy.phylosbioscience.com

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14582 Posts:

7000 strains, 6950 are all the same cabbage looking shit

I imagine most of the good shit is still in private hands and will never see light of day

pedro de pacas

pedro de pacas

tnuc

• Members
  • 14582 Posts:

Most of the good shit come from Australia, yet every tnuc goes and buys shit from OS, lol

Marrawahrrrna

Marrawahrrrna

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 Posts:

Most of the good shit come from Australia, yet every tnuc goes and buys shit from OS, lol

I think this is the elephant in the room for the cannabis industry.

The Americans and Dutch through their activism have taken the legality aspect of it much further than we but I think per head of population we Australians have probably a much longer tradition of cannabis than much of the world.

I think we have to explore and uncover this alot more in future.

Afghan immigrants to Australia in the 1800s surely brought their most prized plant genetics with them along with their camels. The gold rushes brought in hundreds of thousands of people including Asians who must have brought in plants from South East Asia.

I remember Thai Sticks in the 80s and the Buddha of the 90s. Smokes which I still haven't had the likes of yet (admittedly I've only been back into it a few months).

I got out my copy of Robert Connell Clarke's Marijuana Botany book from 1981 that I got in Newtown from the old second hand book shop that was (is?) on King st. Gould's I think it was. And sitting in the pages was a dried 5 leaflet leaf from a plant I grew back then and I remember it well. A stellar plant whose buds when smoked would instantly transport one with a massive kick out of your body. Instant. I remember floating over the streets of Sydney looking and observing the world in a crystal case orb that was transporting me. Seemed like hours.

Skywalker like.

What I mean is Dutch Passion make a seed of Skywalker and so do Mephisto and Apothecary genetics. Which is the real deal?

Same with Trainwreck which at least 3 seedbanks have. I want to try and get source not just a ripoff or attempt at repro.

Marrawahrrrna

Marrawahrrrna

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 Posts:

Trainwreck: http://galaxy.phylos...hprc/trainwreck (if you click on the clone group 'Trainwreck', you can see other clones and organizations that sequenced that variety).

Genetic Report - interestingly high shared amount of hertiage with Hemp:
https://testing.phyl...notype/woy2y7dg

Skywalker is not known in the Galaxy yet. There are 4 different cuts out there that have been sequenced: search skywalker from http://galaxy.phylosbioscience.com

Thanks for this source. Very nice but kind of explains how there's way too much contention for the strains. Which is the real one is hard to nut out.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Breeding & Genetics
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Lighting: Indoors & Sungrown

I've been doing alot of research about some strains and it's such a mixed up world of breeders and seedbanks that it's a wonder anyone knows anything about any strain these days.

I'm almost at the point where I think, theres so many good (possibly fake) reviews about all these strains that they must all be pretty fucking good.

I want to get some elite genetics though and it costs a bomb for sure.

But I want to be getting the right version from the right people.

The two strains I am most interested in learning about are:

1. Skywalker

2. Trainwreck

These two seem to be exactly what I would enjoy. Who are the true breeders of each of these and where is the best place can one get them?

TrainWreck was a strain bred in Humboldt/Mendocino Counties in Californias Emerald Triangle.  It is solely a clone only strain now and only hybrids are offered by random seed banks.

Lots of hearsay and tall tales to its genetics but nothing written in stone.  

MongyMan

MongyMan

Cannabis Research Breeder

• Moderator Crew
  • 3732 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis Genetics and Breeding
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: HID and the Sun

How do they make hybrids if it is a clone only strain? True clone only strains wont grow seeds. They are sterile female plants that can only be cloned to keep the strain.

:peace: MongyMan

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

"Cannabis Prohibition Laws Only Cultivate Organised Crime"

"Don't let fear hold you back, Stand up for your beliefs if you believe Cannabis improves your health." Daryl D

I Support

Cannabis Compassion Australia

Putting Patients Before Profit

Cannabis was called Cannabis when Australia was founded. Marijuana was a mexican word unknown in Australia until American Reefer Madness arrived.

gallery_7617_360_6824.jpg

Marrawahrrrna

Marrawahrrrna

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 Posts:
I suspect it means that the offspring of Trainwreck are hybrids ie. have a different strain staminate parent.

Is it self sterile? Ie. Can it be argentised and pollen off that used on the Trainwreck pistillate clone?

Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Stoned gnome

• Moderator Crew
  • 3429 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: Bic

How do they make hybrids if it is a clone only strain? True clone only strains wont grow seeds. They are sterile female plants that can only be cloned to keep the strain.

:peace: MongyMan

Just to clarify mm, will silver not work with true clone only strains?

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.