Growth update, and need help with soil type and feeds

Planted in the first week of spring in melbourne. i posted a couple weeks ago abouts suspicions upon seeing dry leaves and was told to replant these in better soil (not tanbark) but as this is my first time i am unsure where and specifically what to buy and put in the pot. Additionally, specific info on feedind and watering tips would be much appreciated. Thankyou in advance any help would be awesome.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Planted in the first week of spring in melbourne. i posted a couple weeks ago abouts suspicions upon seeing dry leaves and was told to replant these in better soil (not tanbark) but as this is my first time i am unsure where and specifically what to buy and put in the pot. Additionally, specific info on feedind and watering tips would be much appreciated. Thankyou in advance any help would be awesome.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You could call into and see George at Crown Garden suppliers. Top bloke and he can help you with all your questions. Has great nutrients too. I can give you his number if you like. Very trusted man I checked him out through nutrients companies and genuine.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

you could poss get away with top dressing some good castings or compost 

& cover that with straw as mulch 

one way that might help your watering is pot weight 

when you first water a plant in after transplant & the pot has finished draining , pick the pot up & feel the weight 

when the pot is half that weight have a go at watering again 

as far as soil mixes go , shit in , shit out 

one way to go is get some Canna Tarra Pro soil form a hydro shop 

A good soil mix should be 1/3 humus(shit that wont degrade and holds water and nutrients)

1/3 additives(food for the plant) and 1/3 aeration(because weed likes loose draining soil)

People seem to like peat/vermiculite/coco as the humus.

Compost is a simple additive to feed your plant then fertilise as needed.

Perlite is a favourite for aeration.

I read a lot...haven't grown much though...some people on here could give you a recipe for supersoil that only needs water or you can google a "supersoil" mix.

Many people on here with a lot of experience but I'd advise you to keep it simple.