Humidity Dramas

Hi Guys!

NSW grower here. I'm nearing the end of my second grow and I'm freaking out about the high humidity lately! For the last two weeks it's been sitting around 75-80% for 2 weeks and I'm really worried about losing them to bud rot. 

My set-up is 3 x autos in 11L fabric pots, 70/30 coco perlite mix. Tent is 1.2m x 1.2m, with a 6 inch exhaust fan and carbon filter, and 2 x 6 inch clip-on fans. 600W HPS. My LSD is in flush, due to harvest next Tuesday, Lemon OG has two weeks to go, Caramelicious has three weeks. 

I bought a portable air conditioner with a dehumidifier which is helping but I can't get it below 60% still. Apart from keep a good eye on my air flow, any other ways to decrease the humidity? Or decrease the effects on the girls? 

I was planning to pop a run of Mephistos in 3 weeks when the tent is clear, but if I can't get humidity under control I may have to wait a couple months :(

Cheers,

Tonks

are the plants in good health ?

what are your temps at that humidity ?

do you have a infra red thermometer to measure leaf surface temps 

& what do you know about vapor pressure deficit , VPD

air movement / circulation is the best you can do but that doesn't mean 

100kph winds in the tent , full on  constant wind on leaves will damage the leaves 

you know fans are more efficient at sucking air than blowing 

tuning the fan round to suck humidity & blow it away might work better sometimes 

it's all about your environment , what works for you might not for me & v a v 

def checkout what VPD is , has been used by commercial veggie greenhouse growers

for years , they pretty much live by VPD numbers 

good luck mate 

• Upvote 1

are the plants in good health ?

what are your temps at that humidity ?

do you have a infra red thermometer to measure leaf surface temps 

& what do you know about vapor pressure deficit , VPD

air movement / circulation is the best you can do but that doesn't mean 

100kph winds in the tent , full on  constant wind on leaves will damage the leaves 

you know fans are more efficient at sucking air than blowing 

tuning the fan round to suck humidity & blow it away might work better sometimes 

it's all about your environment , what works for you might not for me & v a v 

def checkout what VPD is , has been used by commercial veggie greenhouse growers

for years , they pretty much live by VPD numbers 

good luck mate 

Yeah they're all doing great healthwise which I think is why everything has been ok so far. My temps are around 27C lights on, 22C lights off. My fans aren't pointed at the plants, got one above and one below, kinda got them pointed at walls so there's some circulation without going full blizzard. 

I know nothing about VPD! lol I've just found a video so I'll do some study, thanks so much! :D

60% RH is fine so long as u have air flow, 50-55% RH is preferable but your not far off if u have huge football size buds than i wouldn't worry, you can open up your buds to allow air flow thru them after all your going to trim them down to fit in jars

I wish I had football sized buds! Just little frosty auto buds. :) That's a great idea, never thought to cut them open. Keeping that one in the back pocket. :D

You don't cut the buds open while the plant is growing but u can pry the buds apart that make up single big colas as where the mould starts is inside tight buds that have restricted air flow this is when the mould spores settle

u ideally want the fans blowing directly on the plants for the above reason

once u have bud rot and u lose 1/4th your harvest you'll refine your techniques in future grows, i've had it a few times, now i just suck the shit out of my tents with bigger than needed fans

• Upvote 1

gazza's spo+ on wi+h call on opening buds up 4 air cicula+ion

all i+  +akes is few mold spores in +igh+ buds in+he we+  and u pai  dearlie

i did'n+  make i+  as far as le++ing half hour of rain on plan+s, and ended up chucking oz awai wi+h bud ro+

some peeps +ell u no+ poin+ fan direc+ on plan+s, personal like i have em blas+ing righ+  a+ em

speciali if high humid, if buds ge+ we+, blas+ ladies wi+h e/+hing u go+

pull cola's apar+ and fresh air is ure friend, no good feeling comes from chucking ro++en buds in bin

hope e/+hing +urns sunshine and lollipops

bob

Edited by afgahn bob