My cactus garden

Even the core ? That's hard core. :thumbsup I'm pretty sure that 90% of the actives are contained within that 10% of flesh. The green.

Yeah, I've never had the same problems with purging that many people do, in fact, I can't recall ever purging on anything, either natural or synthetic. Although I came pretty close once on Kava, not from the effects, but from consuming so much of it, chasing an effect. :scratchin Like having a bucket of mud in your guts.

My understanding was that the compoud that causes the purging is concentrated in the spines and outer skin, although im not 100 percent sure. The both times i have taken san pedro i have removed these bits and have not eaten the core either. I have not had the violent purging i have heard reported and have had quite a smooth ride. I read about his method of preparation originally on the erowid site.

I still prefer Psilocybin though

I have a very strong gut but there are certain plants that the purge is just part of the initial effects , Loph buttons for example , imo if the real deal doesn't toss your guts then it's got too low an alkaloid level

do you guys so anything to increase your alkaloid levels during growth ? personaly I like to starve the catci for quite a while and inject it with a dopamine solution about a month or more before harvest. dopamine is not exactly available at your local nursery though so have been looking for other solutions to add or use in a time it may become unavailable to me down the track

personaly I like to starve the catci for quite a while and inject it with a dopamine solution about a month or more before harvest.

I can pretty safely say that I haven't had that thought dominate my pre-harvest thinking before. However, I have tried cutting an 18 inch log, then putting it in the dark for a couple of weeks before lying it back out in the sun for a week or two, simply for the shock value to it, in case that excited the biology into making more alkaloid. It certainly didn't weaken it, but every flying experience is different, so it's always hard to say, if it was markedly better, or not.