Hey everyone!

As we all know roadside drug testing is just trojan horse zero tolerance drug policy under the guise of road safety so as to garner public support for the harrasment of cannabis and other drug users.

Every state and territory now uses some form of drug testing for road users and between them all there is little consensus as to how long we should be waiting before driving again. Which would be info that might actually help improve road safety.

So, in acknowledgement of this cluster fuck that is drug testing I thought I'd get the ball rolling here to look at how long it takes for cannabis metabolites to stop showing positive by collating the communities experience with the same tools they use. By doing so we can learn how to avoid the stupidness of this policy. At least until someone can create a tool that actually looks for impairment that poses a danger and then I'll be happy.

So to do this little community project we obviously need the tools and directions to do so.

Firstly if you want to particpate, thank you, secondly you need to go here and buy at least one of these http://www.medinat.com.au/drugwipe-saliva-5s-drug-test.html. They are expensive unfortunately (Another problem with the policy) but the information is important. Got the money to spare? You'll be helping others.

Ingest cannabis as you normally would and test yourself x amount of hours after. Some commonly quouted numbers are 4 hours after [sA & WA], 5 hours [NT], 12 hours [NSW] & 24 Hours [Victoria].

Post your results back here in this format:

• Sex?
  • Age?
  • BMI?
  • Frequency of use?
  • Method of ingestion?
  • Duration between last ingestion and test?
  • Result?

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

What I recall from the HEMP embassies tests was that canna caps swallowed without touching the mouth did not show up in the saliva test, despite the testee being clearly smashed.

You can safely assume that contact with your mouth has very little to do with detectable levels in a saliva sample an hour or two later - that test may well have been negative but the explanation is unlikely to have anything to do with the route of administration other than the slower rise in concentration for absorption from the gut compared to absorption from the lungs.

Salivary glands are metabolically active organs and their secretions end up containing a sample of what's circulating in the peripheral blood for many drugs, especially fat soluble ones like active THC. The test relies on the physiology of the gland that causes any circulating THC to be secreted into any sample at levels at or above the threshold for a few hours after ingestion or inhalation.

The route of administration will influence the concentration of active ingredients over time as we all know but  no matter how it was administered - oral, vapour, smoke or suppository, it will all end up circulating and will all end up in the tested saliva. Mouthwash and so on might dilute the sample if the copper does not properly follow the collection procedure but the test relies on THC secreted in the saliva, not THC hanging around in the mouth from smoke or vapour.

Edited by doctor_nelson
  • Upvote 1

I "tested" a couple of these recently and posted results here.. buggered if I can find the thread though.

Would that be this one? https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/77809-how-accurate-are-home-drug-tests/page-3

Does any one remember any details ?

Yeah they have a similar test and that info can be found here http://hempembassy.net/2016/02/21/2007-testing-the-drugwipe-twin/

You can safely assume that contact with your mouth has very little to do with detectable levels in a saliva sample an hour or two later - that test may well have been negative but the explanation is unlikely to have anything to do with the route of administration other than the slower rise in concentration for absorption from the gut compared to absorption from the lungs.

Salivary glands are metabolically active organs and their secretions end up containing a sample of what's circulating in the peripheral blood for many drugs, especially fat soluble ones like active THC. The test relies on the physiology of the gland that causes any circulating THC to be secreted into any sample at levels at or above the threshold for a few hours after ingestion or inhalation.

The route of administration will influence the concentration of active ingredients over time as we all know but  no matter how it was administered - oral, vapour, smoke or suppository, it will all end up circulating and will all end up in the tested saliva. Mouthwash and so on might dilute the sample if the copper does not properly follow the collection procedure but the test relies on THC secreted in the saliva, not THC hanging around in the mouth from smoke or vapour.

Doctor is on the money here!

i thought i read , i am a stoner so .....

the test tested for the presence of THCa as a precursor to THC  

not sure where i read it , i think it was on the manufactures website 

can't remember , they might have been diff drug lick tests than we have here 

i thought this popped up due to people juicing fresh raw canna for the THCa 

sorry for my stoner memory 

i thought i read , i am a stoner so .....

the test tested for the presence of THCa as a precursor to THC  

Nope. THCA cross-reacts with THC in some tests, but THC is the specific active molecule they're trying to detect according to the literature. A relevant PhD here if you really care: https://opus.lib.uts.edu.au/bitstream/10453/39193/2/02whole.pdf

Nope. THCA cross-reacts with THC in some tests, but THC is the specific active molecule they're trying to detect according to the literature. A relevant PhD here if you really care: https://opus.lib.uts.edu.au/bitstream/10453/39193/2/02whole.pdf

cool man 

thanks for clearing that up , cheers 

ps not sure about the " if i really care " bit !

Edited by itchybromusic