Fresh sheep shit.

3 ways of making compost , one in 4 weeks , never tried it myself 

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/78641-ten-tips-for-a-problem-free-super-productive-home-garden/page-2

they have a , what they call BAM composting , which is similar to / same as bokashi composting 

this is an interesting one cos bokashi composting stuff , makes that stuff , like manure or fish bits much more bio-available quicker  

just remember manure can be mostly a by produce of an industry that feeds all kinds of stuff to animals 

that ends up in there poo , know your source B4 use , especially if trying to multiply microorganisms in teas IMHO

Hi itchy you have great way of explaining things and so much knowledge always good reading your posts, ive never had to try and explain gardening to anyone till joining this site and i spose i have my own gardening lingo and i struggle trying to put it into words that make sense to others at times because i never measuerd anything or done things according to the book and rules, somehow i just do it all by eye and know by looking at my plants and garden and they tell me what they need and i just do it lol not very technical but it works for me lol but to try to explain to other trips me up a bit,i totally agree about buying local and knowing you source,i buy my horse and cow manure of a bloke a couple klms down the road it comes already aged and for two bucks a bag you just cant beat it607119bda92deed531f350754d409078.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

thanks & no worries 

i don't under estimate a women's intuition in the garden , especially with female cannabis plants 

a few women treat a female cannabis plant as a women trying to get preggers , looking into old ways 

of getting a woman's fertility up & using the same herbs with plant feeds 

imo poo is a hard one , it shouldn't be but methods used , mostly in large scale operations 

can leave an animals poo not quite what it should be , allot of people , i think use to much 

if you think about animals moving though a forest , the concentrations would be no where 

near some of the amounts used in backyard gardens , now i wonder what group of people are or were

pushing to use more manure = people that have allot of it , when you add what commercial operations

possibly feed , it makes it tricky for a canna plant that will consume & store lots of stuff not used by the

plant , question is where does the plant store the shit , so far the thinking is everywhere 

green manure is a much safer option ( U grow it yourself ) & offers just as much benefit as manure

Btw if you had a source of clean poo & used the green manure , that would kick ass 

green manure offers the soil & subsequent plant a host of beneficial's microorganisms , along with

attracting worms & a bunch of other composters to your plant to feed 

use green manure as a living mulch allows you to plug a plant into a bed that has nitrogen fixing bacteria  

already fixing N in the soil around the root system of your plant 

if i nu the horse farmer was organic i would consider using it , but horse poo prob not the best choice 

for npk rabbit poo is the shit so to speak 

at the top of the list of poo's , Worms got the gold medal & making that poo in bed/pot/plot while your plant is growing 

is even better 

c517b57ff40e80f6dc92d57bf74f0f28.jpg

My veggie patch is layered with Ute loads of fresh sheep poo and pea straw, then I added 3 inch layer of topsoil, turned through top 6 inches with garden fork, so mix of straw/soil/poo and planted straight away. That’s 5yrs ago and each year I just add a new layer of poo and straw. I also apply raw sheep poo to my orchard just don’t let it touch the base of the tree and cover with straw, breaks down awesome [emoji171]

Cheers, Porcha

I do not disclaim anything about this message. I'm quite proud of it, really!

• Upvote 4

Thanks Porcha, that's what I thought, got the steer, sheep, alpaca poo mix going on this year

Sweet I’m a farmer so all the farm poo cattle/goats & horses comes in handy and free lol I’m in Vic so down here sheep farmers are happy for u to clean under their shearing shed saves them [emoji23] so I’ve got a mix of crap too [emoji1303][emoji5]

Cheers, Porcha

Sweet I’m a farmer so all the farm poo cattle/goats & horses comes in handy and free lol I’m in Vic so down here sheep farmers are happy for u to clean under their shearing shed saves them [emoji23] so I’ve got a mix of crap too [emoji1303][emoji5]

Cheers, Porcha

Wish I was, that was the plan for a long while, got a little hobby farm instead, much easier being a real farmer I think, I've got way to many unfinished projects going on, need to move somewhere with a lot better weather and a few hundred more acre's,

a bit flatter wouldn't go astray either, old age starting to kick in a bit, lol 

Very nice garden you have there