4 week old and stunted.

Hi there,

First grow for me soil/pearlite , auto seeds 300w led and small cupboard.

Plants seem stunted and colour striations. They are over 4 wks old now and I am just not sure if they were too close to led to start or if I gave them a rough start on tapwater. (pH about 8) I only just got a ph test kit this week.

What do you reckon is going on here?

Is it common for some autos to start slow?

All tips and opinions welcomed

post-61898-150418131401_thumb.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Pedro a straight shooter brother.

PH way to high, the longer u leave it there the more probs u gonna have.

If in soil u wanna bring it down to 6-7. In coco 5.5-6.5,

Mate if anyone had fuk-ups with auto's just google fuk-up's with auto's and it will come up "BOB"

Take it easy on nutes,water,no topping, plant into container u wanna finish in, that is only pot up once plenty of LST

And keep fingers double crossed.

See, nothin to worry about

And if u really wanna know whats up, wait 4 a man named hashy

Auto god

Almost 4got, if u c a fungus gnat, give nth korea a call, see if they got a spare nuke, and plant that bad boy right up its bum

Two things they love most are auto's and bob

Edited by afgahn bob

For starters I'm not even remotely close to "auto god", Buzzo was but he hasn't been online here for ages now.  Fivetomidnight's getting great auto results as well.  I have some auto knowledge and experience, and get consistently good results, but lack that magic touch to get outstanding results.

What's your "soil" is probably a great starting point.  I'm not good with soil, but my limited understanding of it is that up to a point soil can buffer the PH of your water naturally, whether it can do it from 8 or not I have no idea.  But apart from stunted growth, and bad lighting for a diagnostic picture, she looks to have some serious deficiencies going on, which will either be PH lockout, shit soil, or both.  Over watering could also be a prime candidate.

If your soil is cheap potting mix, ditch the plant and start again.  Cannabis in general doesn't like cheap potting mix, and autoflower's are much more sensitive to growing conditions than photoperiod plants.  Searles Premium Potting mix amended with some coco and perlite is okay, and can be additionally fed with either coco nutes or regular liquid fertilisers as needed.

If that auto is 4 weeks old, she'll never amount to fuck all from here I'm afraid.  I recommend new growers stay the fuck away from auto's as there's no room for any error with them, get your technique and experience nailed down on photo plants first, then play with auto's, plus photoperiod plants are a better option in most situations and produce more yield of usually better quality.  But if you really want to start on auto's, do a search of the site for Buzzo's auto growing tute, grab some coco/perlite and coco nutrients, and follow his guidelines.  You will get results, and after a few grows you'll be able to tweak things to suit your own style etc.

This is what you should be seeing by 3-4 weeks with auto's  post-49871-0-94330500-1504226423_thumb.jpg  Ignore the pic at bottom of page, I clicked the wrong one, it's another 3-4 weeks down the track, I need to wear my glasses :doh:

If you really want to stick with soil, which is a good thing if you know about soils, you will need to make a mix of quality soil which is very light and fluffy, whether wet or dry.  Auto's need a lightweight medium with little resistance for their rootzone.

Another potential issue is your light, no LED expert but from what I've seen the good ones work well, but the cheap ones are a waste of space.

Best thing you can do is cut your losses on this one and start again.  If you do, start up a grow journal and you'll get advice and assistance.

Best of luck  :peace:

post-49871-0-82551600-1504226090_thumb.jpg

I sorta appreciate the compliment Bob, but I'm also a bit uncomfortable with it.  Because I know there's growers of auto's out there who can consistently do better than me, and because I still make the odd fuck up.  I also have no doubt that at some point in the future I'll discover improvements to my knowledge, or that I've gotten some things wrong.  I wouldn't want people taking my advice as gospel and never experimenting, or adjusting things for their own situation.  I started with Buzzo's guide, but have ended up doing things differently since, not because I think I know better, but because it's what works for me and my various situations, and that's what all growers should do.

There's no right or wrong, just what works or doesn't (don't over analyse it)

:peace:

Hi there,

First grow for me soil/pearlite , auto seeds 300w led and small cupboard.

Plants seem stunted and colour striations. They are over 4 wks old now and I am just not sure if they were too close to led to start or if I gave them a rough start on tapwater. (pH about 8) I only just got a ph test kit this week.

What do you reckon is going on here?

Is it common for some autos to start slow?

All tips and opinions welcomed

attachicon.gifIMG_20170827_124723.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The colour is from cold temps ,,,,wouldn't have helped such a small plant either.