315w CMH/LEC vs 600w HPS

Hi Sir great job. how far of the foliage do you have the light on the 315 as its cooler than the hps thanks.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I need to get a lux meter to set height with, but I've been going off visual on light spread/intensity in the meantime, and using the same shade I'm maybe getting a little closer but not much as I've probably got them pushing the outer boundaries of their effective spread at 1.2m.  That's partly why I believe running a 3rd light in my 1.2x2.4m tent will be enough to beat 2x600w HPS with lower temps and power use, but I'll have to put it to the test to be sure.

Back of hand test could have them much closer to the canopy, but would then need extra lights to fill the space.

:peace:

I need to get a lux meter to set height with, but I've been going off visual on light spread/intensity in the meantime, and using the same shade I'm maybe getting a little closer but not much as I've probably got them pushing the outer boundaries of their effective spread at 1.2m. That's partly why I believe running a 3rd light in my 1.2x2.4m tent will be enough to beat 2x600w HPS with lower temps and power use, but I'll have to put it to the test to be sure.

Back of hand test could have them much closer to the canopy, but would then need extra lights to fill the space.

Thank you so 16 to 18 inches would be a safe bet. Thanks again

I'd guess I ended up about 50cm, maybe a little less, with the Chinaman Hat Shade, and a bit higher with the Vertical Square Shade that came with the kit as it was a much narrower footprint, but I never actually measured it and my old man stoner memory probably isn't the most reliable thing to go off :D .

Thanks for bumping the thread and jogging my memory, I had meant to post the harvest pics from that grow but got sidetracked and forgot all about it, so here goes:  Apologies for pic quality, they were a bit rushed.

Blue Hog Kush  post-49871-0-85299100-1502157365_thumb.jpg  post-49871-0-71633100-1502157241_thumb.jpg

STD x NL (Sour Turbo Diesel pheno)  post-49871-0-55609800-1502157682_thumb.jpg  post-49871-0-25096600-1502157611_thumb.jpg

STD x NL (Northern Lights Pheno)  post-49871-0-75728100-1502157889_thumb.jpg  post-49871-0-84824400-1502157792_thumb.jpg

Disco Cookies  post-49871-0-11270900-1502158258_thumb.jpg  post-49871-0-01161300-1502158125_thumb.jpg

Pakistan Valley (my favourite, beautiful hash)  post-49871-0-28771300-1502157530_thumb.jpg  post-49871-0-17108900-1502157442_thumb.jpg

There was also a couple of clones of the same plants filling a couple of gaps not included in those pics.

Biggest plant of the grow was the NL pheno of the STD x NL's  post-49871-0-44484000-1502158035_thumb.jpg

For anyone who's followed my previous grows, you'll be able to see the small difference in the size of the buds.  It's not massive, but that's where the 20% loss came from IMO.  The buds on the big plant were pretty much normal though, and that plant was in the crossover section of the lights, which leads me to believe that bunging a 3rd light in the middle and pushing the other 2 a bit closer to the ends to get more use of the PAR reflecting material should create a lot more crossover intensity throughout the tent.  Should also allow me to run the lights a bit closer to the canopy, again raising the intensity.  I'll probably try that next year, and am confident that I'll easily beat the 1200w HPS benchmark with 945w.

But as stated earlier, I'm happy with the slightly higher quality and smell/taste, and to pull that weight from 630w is pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 3

I'd guess I ended up about 50cm, maybe a little less, with the Chinaman Hat Shade, and a bit higher with the Vertical Square Shade that came with the kit as it was a much narrower footprint, but I never actually measured it and my old man stoner memory probably isn't the most reliable thing to go off :D .

Thanks for bumping the thread and jogging my memory, I had meant to post the harvest pics from that grow but got sidetracked and forgot all about it, so here goes: Apologies for pic quality, they were a bit rushed.

Blue Hog Kush attachicon.gifBHKPile.JPG attachicon.gifBHKBud.JPG

STD x NL (Sour Turbo Diesel pheno) attachicon.gifSNL1Pile.JPG attachicon.gifSNL1Buds.JPG

STD x NL (Northern Lights Pheno) attachicon.gifSNL2Pile.JPG attachicon.gifSNL2Buds.JPG

Disco Cookies attachicon.gifZRPile.JPG attachicon.gifZRBud.JPG

Pakistan Valley (my favourite, beautiful hash) attachicon.gifPakPile.JPG attachicon.gifPakBuds.JPG

There was also a couple of clones of the same plants filling a couple of gaps not included in those pics.

Biggest plant of the grow was the NL pheno of the STD x NL's https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/public/style_images/new-13/attachicon.gif SNL2Plant.JPG

For anyone who's followed my previous grows, you'll be able to see the small difference in the size of the buds. It's not massive, but that's where the 20% loss came from IMO. The buds on the big plant were pretty much normal though, and that plant was in the crossover section of the lights, which leads me to believe that bunging a 3rd light in the middle and pushing the other 2 a bit closer to the ends to get more use of the PAR reflecting material should create a lot more crossover intensity throughout the tent. Should also allow me to run the lights a bit closer to the canopy, again raising the intensity. I'll probably try that next year, and am confident that I'll easily beat the 1200w HPS benchmark with 945w.

But as stated earlier, I'm happy with the slightly higher quality and smell/taste, and to pull that weight from 630w is pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned.

They look beautiful great work. Thank again

Very nice Hashy.

I still cant choose between gettin a 630w cmh or a 600w hps for when i can get back in the game.

Starting to lean towards the 630w but not fully sold as yet...

Best bet Ozzy buy what you feel best. How big your tent is if you had problems with heat. If you have the cash for the 315w or you could buy the Hi Par 600w 400v that's what I bought as my tent just to big for the 315w. Or just lash out and buy the 1000w. It's the biggest decision you will make.