Humidity

Was trying to work out why my plants aren't well checked everything water ph soil ph drainage ventilation temperature lights were good even went to extent of checking light meter values still no success, after checking grow diary I noticed my humidity never got above 40% my plants looked dry and showed what I thought was but burn or light burn under the led red light you could really see the difference in colours of leaves, I thought maybe a wet towel in bucket of water would help , still no good so I went and brought a humidifier and bingo humidity 60% maxing at 80% the growth and improvement has been significantly increased .

So I guess the moral of the story is in a small grow tent in water make sure your humidity readings are good especially during veg stage

• Upvote 1

Was trying to work out why my plants aren't well checked everything water ph soil ph drainage ventilation temperature lights were good even went to extent of checking light meter values still no success, after checking grow diary I noticed my humidity never got above 40% my plants looked dry and showed what I thought was but burn or light burn under the led red light you could really see the difference in colours of leaves, I thought maybe a wet towel in bucket of water would help , still no good so I went and brought a humidifier and bingo humidity 60% maxing at 80% the growth and improvement has been significantly increased .

So I guess the moral of the story is in a small grow tent in water make sure your humidity readings are good especially during veg stage

i think you might have just sorted your VPD , Vapour Pressure Deficit

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/vapor-pressure-deficit-cannabis-cultivation/

very important & a lill difficult to get your head around , i'm not sure i've got my head around it yet 

VPD has been used by commercial greenhouse growers for years  

i think you might have just sorted your VPD , Vapour Pressure Deficit

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/vapor-pressure-deficit-cannabis-cultivation/

very important & a lill difficult to get your head around , i'm not sure i've got my head around it yet

VPD has been used by commercial greenhouse growers for years

didnt even know about that a lot more to growing in tent so many variables, I veged 6 others in there had no problems but that was when it was raining for 2 mths the humidity was always good!the first pic is the sick ones the other pic is a couple I has in there earlierd3c2bddc2e6bd37c1d9ce06c366058cb.jpgd8b9f2dc018c83239486ff187a2a3314.jpg0aa16d6449a00f1de7791c3b66ca5284.jpg9f710b59b881b3c703a78a1ef0ba2d41.jpg

didnt even know about that a lot more to growing in tent so many variables, I veged 6 others in there had no problems but that was when it was raining for 2 mths the humidity was always good!the first pic is the sick ones the other pic is a couple I has in there earlierd3c2bddc2e6bd37c1d9ce06c366058cb.jpgd8b9f2dc018c83239486ff187a2a3314.jpg0aa16d6449a00f1de7791c3b66ca5284.jpg9f710b59b881b3c703a78a1ef0ba2d41.jpg

thanks just had time to read the link you sent wow would never had considered that, my temps and humidity are just right now checked the grow diary for the last batch and guess what because of the rain and being the right temp outside I must have just fluked perfect grow conditions that chart is really handy gonna pin it on wall

no worries

i'd keep reading on it though , there are vids that talk about taking leaf temps to work out VPD in your space

there's also talk about diff VPD for diff stages of growth , the chart is a good guide

i did a bit to absorb he's some of the others and there clonesa14ce6bc995a5f67c18dc9f5ade99acb.jpg369b31112de7e50d05eb3bf7aee40a1f.jpg0e2c1530e34e1c9010f27bdb33652524.jpg53a01395313112b1fee5e7eb42192c51.jpg97ab9c32a668f95494eb48c7cf17d741.jpg
  • Upvote 1

lol It def gets my nut a cracken !

in fact my nut hurts a bit with VPD leaning lol

lucky the the thermometer shows me the max and overnight min levels of temp and humidity since I found out about being checking levels hourly and making adjustments ie fan location and size humidifier location etc trying to find where everything is as it should be and the levels remain somewhat constant maybe I shouldn't have complained about all that rain it made it a lot easier and my head hurts too
  • Upvote 1

lucky the the thermometer shows me the max and overnight min levels of temp and humidity since I found out about being checking levels hourly and making adjustments ie fan location and size humidifier location etc trying to find where everything is as it should be and the levels remain somewhat constant maybe I shouldn't have complained about all that rain it made it a lot easier and my head hurts too

well I think I might have finally got a handle on this, it spears that the exhaust fan was a bit of overkill I have now put it on a timer to come on for 20mins or so every 3 hrs the humidity seemed to improve to about 60'% now have humidifier on really slow to get it to 75 % at 29deg of a night when the temp drops about 5deg can turn off humidifier and still maintain 20 to 24deg and humidity 60/65% percent .

It has taken a lot of patience but I am now more confident I helping them grow rather than putting obstacles in their way

• Upvote 1