would rather N come out the ass of a soil dweller & whatever i put on the soil promotes not deters those soil dwellers 

not sure what you mean , are you asking if a tea is microbial & nutrient based 

compost teas a lill on the difficult side , without a scoop & the ability to identify 

you don't really know what your brewing or when in the bubbling time is at max brewed life 

have a look into using EM-1 http://www.livingapartment.com.au/Products/Food-Supplements-Health-Care/Probiotic-Living-Beneficial-Micro-Organisms-1Ltr & lots of compost & casting as top dresses 

coots real name is Jim Bennett , he's on grasscity as agnes dawgs & many other forums under diff names 

do you happen to have the aloe , silica & fulvic to water in your barley top dress 

if into coots stuff try some seed sprout teas , corn , barley , alfalfa / lucerne , & you can replace the corn for coconut water 

something else to try , do you use seasol , try a kelp tea = seasol on steroids , 1 & 1/4 teaspoons per liter of water steeped = no bubbles ,

for 24hrs , giving the kelp tea a shake or stir every so often  during the 24hrs , strian & use or don't & use 

teas are good if you get them in some sort of pre made kit to brew at home or if you learn the scoop stuff to identify what's in the brew , when  

otherwise feed whats already there ( indigenous microorganisms ) & add to them via top dresses of compost or castings , hopefully well made 

at home with all the same indigenous microorganisms 

I dont know exactly whats in fish pond water other than fish shit and whats fed to the fish maybe some other shit like frog and bird shit also makes its way in to but the garden sure loves it, fish shit tea i suppose you could call it and ive noticed that everywhere ive been feeding with fish shit pond water tea around the garden has had a big increase in population of these guys as well77f34f902cc0164240224dfdc54d2dac.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Nice worms GQ!

Itchy,

Ok, I did spot a typing error I have rectified. "Straining" not staining.

I was really checking whether once the tea is brewed, can it be fed to plant directly without straining the solid matter from which it was brewed?

I'm thinking it could only help?

I'm slowly getting all the bits and bobs to hopefully harness the power or an organic setup. I'm almost at the stage of mixing and getting the cover crop in (clovers, a green manure mix from the seed collection, dandelion, alfalfa, Daikin radish).

I have some blue borage that may make it into a tea also.

Don't have aloe or fulvic. I realise their function, are they fully necessary for the enzyme uptake from malted barley when mixed with soil and\ top dress?

Same old story, $$, I will get to them eventually I guess and have looked in briefly as I have with em1. But I will revisit.

Still kind of gathering stuff, got castings via wormsdownunder today, I'm no expert so I can't say if they are any good, I will use them tomorrow on something for a test. They are moistish, and dark. That good?:)

I have been compiling lists etc, checking soil mixes with what I have. Your recipe is in there itchy. Not so much picking and choosing as looking at what works for everybody else for them, I don't expect one to fit perfectly but getting there.

Ya been looking at coots stuff, went looking for black leaf mould the other day after he was on about it.

I like his holy Trinity of kelp\alfalfa\neem.

Here a few questions;

Peat moss.

You use that white Lithuanian stuff but it's an interstate big bag for me. Bunnings have regular and spagnum. Spagnum is stupid money there so I looked at it today priced at $30\500g and said fuck that for a game of cards. I bought a $5 regular peat moss bag and deemed it good enough to experiment with.

I realise there is a Coco vs peat debate. Is spagnum worth the expense, is Lithuanian worth getting over regular spagnum?

Gypsum.

I reckon I may be good for calcium, I have a crustacean mix, can't remember which is fast and slow release. What do you think?

Scott's organic compost mix from Bunnings? Any good?

I realise the above questions are hard to answer but to add some perspective to the proposed mix, it's looking like this.

Castings. Scoria. Peat moss\coco or a mix of the 2.

Kelp, Neem, alfalfa meal, malted barley, volcanic rock dust, diam earth (silica in this any good for the mentioned barley enzyme uptake?)

I may be forgetting something. Have some coconut meal too.

Another q, could I activate charcoal that has been in a compost heap for a few years if I pick some out?

Can they be activated when mixed with castings as part of castings mixed to an already mixed heap?

What would you recommend with regard to a 4-5 year old compost heap that is mainly horse shit with general green waste continually added?

I mixed the heap recently after a year maybe. Good green weeds on it! lol

It has charcoal and when I mixed it I added kelp, blood and bone and some dolomite. I should cover it to get it cooking, I realise it may need some time.

Back to the planned new mix, if I have dolomite do I need gypsum?

I also have access to bentonite.

I have seen mixes with all, some with, some have none of either.

And further, is it better or a non topic to make a tea from something that has not been used in the mix?

Hmmmm, big post. Lots of questions. I realise that a bit of everything is good and that there won't be mix from the net that works perfect for me.

I just gotta start implementing organic ways and work it out as I go.

I'd like a worm farm and I will get one, but just too many projects on the go!

Thanks!!!!

Well what do you know GQ. I’m relieved and know nothing about worms and I saw a couple of those clear fat worms in my pot in the short Auto Kush. No wonder it’s happy. I was worried because I didn’t think worms look like that but now you’ve confirmed it. Was expecting thinner, longer and dark (and not transparent!!!). I wouldn’t personally like longer and dark myself....coming back as a black man.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Hey timmy, oz has some of the biggest earthworms in the world i think our biggest species is called a gippsland something or other i cant remember full name but they get over 2metres long and couple of inches thick and there not just in victoria either I've also seen these giant earthworms at tamworth nsw , musswellbrook nsw, goondiwindi qld border, toowoomba qld and even in the tropical rainforests of far north qld and believe me they are a site to see, the first time i showed one to my husband he ran away bout twenty feet and yelled snake lol it took a bit to convince him it was a worm lol nature hey its produces some freaky stuff

I dont know exactly whats in fish pond water other than fish shit and whats fed to the fish maybe some other shit like frog and bird shit also makes its way in to but the garden sure loves it, fish shit tea i suppose you could call it and ive noticed that everywhere ive been feeding with fish shit pond water tea around the garden has had a big increase in population of these guys as well

lol fish shit tea.. lol

Yeah i do indy toowoomba is the closest major city to me its bout an hr or so away but you need big BIG rain or floods to bring them to the surface and you gotta dig hard and fast to find them there very sensitive to vibrations and for such a large worm there pretty delicate so you have to handle and extract from the ground very carefully there break and damage quite easily and believe me when you get it wrong you never forget the times youve been covered in the yellow puss that comes out of them lol oh no good for fishing either