Suggestions for 600w HPS cooled tent

Have got a flower tent of 1.2x1.2x2m already with a 400w LED for my prev 3 grows and looking to upgrade to a 600w HPS. I have the tent built within a cupboard with about 1-2inches of space on either side between cupboard and tent. I have a 6inch phresh hyperfan attached to a carbon filter which sucks air from within and expels it out the top of the tent into the living room, cannot expel air out of apartment.

This has worked fine for the LED with minimal heat as temps have never been an issue.

my 12/12 light schedule is 8pm lights on, 8am lights off - allowing the lights to be on during coolest parts of the day and off when its hottest. 

With this in mind Id like some suggestions of how I could cool a 600w HPS. Im planning on getting a nanotek 600w digital ballast and a phillips son-t HPS with an aircooled reflector vent.

3 questions:

1. Would I need an additional fan to push air through that aircool reflector? And if so, could I then attach that ducting to the same extraction ducting as what is being sucked through my carbon filter using some type of "Y" attachment to the top of my tent? 

2. If i only have around 1-2inches of space between cupboard wall and tent, will attaching a duct > fan > aircool reflector > duct > Y attachment - type of setup work? Im conserned with amount of space between cupboard and tent not being enough for how much air flow will need to be pushed through to cool the light.

3. Is an additional fan actually necessary or any suggestions of how to get by using just my current one?  

I would be considering the CMH315 or a dimmable 400v 600w hps.

The CMH 315 runs at a nice temp and I only vent for fresh air circulation now once every hour ,my temps with a 600hps was too high and my exhaust fan ran constantly the whole time the light was on to keep temps at 25-27 on hot days it always spiked over 30. 

My Area is similar size to you.

I replaced my old 600hps with the Hi-Par 315w CMH but I also considered the dimmable 600hps 400volt  https://stealth-garden.com/collections/ballasts/products/hi-par-600w-digital-ballast 

Can use standard hps or the 400v  https://stealth-garden.com/collections/globes/products/blv-600w-400v-e40-hps

Also if your venting into your living space the 600hps will cause lots of humidity in the area which will just increase to a point that causes Mould to grow on curtains and walls and on your BUDS.. so keep that in mind if you cant vent outside.

HTH

Whats the penetration power of the CMH315s, assuming i get a good bulb like a phillips for example, compared to a 600hps? 

My main reason for upgrade is that im doing a clone tent > flower tent arrangement, and i dnt want to spend more time training them in a scrog manner to maximise the LED power. So im ending up with some weak af popcorns even if i lollipop because of how poor the LED penetration is :( 

If i run a CMH315 would i need to air cool it or can i just run it with a reflector and ballast? 

The 315 will be to small for that tent. I have the same size tent and I bought the Hi par 600w 400v DE. I have 6 inch fan with a thermostat set at 27 it keeps the tent around 26° when flowering.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

just a tip i read , you know spider mite & other bugs become allot more active over 25c , doesn't mean there not there under 25c , just not as active 

not saying you got or are going to get them , temps & humidities are a part of a IPM plan , just something to consider 

• Upvote 1

I've never got them I have the tent in the spare room humidity 35 at the moment.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

there sneaky little fuckers 

lots of diff thinking out there about humidity , not anything new 

but growers are looking at VPD vapour pressure deficit these days 

very diff humidity levels to what most of us would think 

large scale greenhouse growers have used VPD for years for increased yields 

• Upvote 1

zee have u considered active cooled led cob's? they have a fan on the heat sink to keep them cool i ran 2 in a wardrobe tent in a enclosed bedroom thru summer running the lights during the day my overall temps would have been probably 4-5c over other rooms but this was only 2 lights, i would imagine at this time of the year i could run 6 cob led's thru the night and still easily maintain a good temp in a enclosed small bed room

if u have a large room or a lounge room ucan run many more cob led's u can even vent the hot air into other rooms to cool down, all u would need is a dehumidifier of capable size and one of those Co2 bags

Hi ya Z I've got pretty much the same set up. My 1.2x1.2x2.1 with a very hot 600hps. I also bought an in line fan and carbon filt (seems like as asthmatic could do a better job) Could of this the helped me.

1.The carbon filter intake is horizontal at the top for the length of the light.

2. Cover your water tank. It's decreases humidity that carries heat and stops the tank greening up.

Use bent coat hangers inside the ducts to steers them directly at the light and plant.

4. Once fans and ducts are good, seal everything up tightly. Like a straw smallest leaks affect vacuum. This way your changes will work.

I tried all sorts like leaving the tent not zipped etc it didn't work, not focussed enough.

Hope this helps. But yeah, I'm goin adjustable or 400wMH or led panel next. Not heat, no humidity, no mould and power last qtr was nuts. Sticking with 130cfl for cloning. They love the soft light.

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners