• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Sol-Sense 315W Sol-Unit LEC Digital Ballst Kit
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products

Photo

Topicals, Edibles and roadside drug tests

* * - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

billytheechidna

billytheechidna

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Hi Jonny, sorry i haven't checked on the thread in months. It's good to hear you found all this interesting. I still reckon 4 hrs after smoking might be pushing your luck (not to mention that we are probably always more impaired than we think) but a lot depends on individual variables. Like I said somewhere above, if you only smoke a joint once a week on Saturday night, then you ought to be ok on Monday morning, but if you smoke everyday, then the THC deposits in your mouth are going to build up and take longer to dissipate.

If anyone else is still reading this thread and driving within the law matters to you, I would again recommend buying one or more of the $50 drugwipe tests from an online store and testing yourself at least once to see how you go, because of all the individual factors. It has to be money well spent if it saves your licence.

If you are only consuming capsules then I think it is highly unlikely (even 'clinically shown') that the tests don't pick it up, regardless of how stoned you are, but if you use in a way that contaminates your mouth, like tinctures, infused fudges or canna-buttered toast, then the same advice would apply.    

Thanks for the response! Drive responsibly, y'all.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

kloud9

kloud9

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4896 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Does anyone know what happens if you test positive on road side testing ? Outcome at court, I guess.. ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6124 Posts:
Yep

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Maxlass

Maxlass

Maturing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 Posts:
God damn that was a lot of info. Good read though.

Bud Brown

Bud Brown

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

Great topic and as a daily smoker I try to be responsible and not drive when smashed

But it always freaks me with the anxiety of possible road side drug testing - I take no other medications or drugs apart from cannabis. No alcohol, opiates, benzos or beta blockers

My view has always been that the drug testing routine is flawed and does not give a true indication of impairment.

When people are producing positive readings after not smoking for what is 24 hours or more (their word) it seems a little hypocritical and wrong.

What this information has done is put the case forward for consumables and I have consistently used the sealed cap method of infused coconut oil and wondered.

I've never been drug tested yet but know that in the future 'bombing' without mouth contact is the way to go. Always have a packet of salt and vinegar chips handy although I hate eating them!!

Masking a drug test is really the only way out and any tincture or preparation that contains alcohol is not going to work. Mouthwash - pretty obvious.

No crunching brownies and going into a diabetic high. The reality for the regular smoker is failed drug tests if you drive.

So if I have to drive interstate I will not smoke for a minimum of 24hrs in an effort to avoid this injustice. That does not guarantee me safe passage without hassle but it minimises the risk.

Always have food handy as police have no right to stop you eating which if you leave enough food residue in your mouth will assist in contaminating the sample.

Unfortunately profiling plays more of a part in drug testing so if you look like someone who might use illicit drugs (long hair, dreads, alternative clothing) there is good chance you will be tested.

Don't give any excuses, fix your tail light, wash your car and keep to the speed limit.

Time to make another batch of Canna Oil Caps

BB

billytheechidna

billytheechidna

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 Posts:

Hi Bud Brown, thanks for the reply.

You're right about targeted use. From speaking to police officers, they will drug test a handful at each booze bus stop, but mainly use them in cases of excessive speed (which probably suggests amphetamine use) and also around music festivals and the like. 

As you said, waiting 24 hours is a good idea, however your method of consumption, a) to be a safe driver and b ) to test clear.

Just by the way, and its been said before, if anyone is considering trying edibles/canna caps and has only experienced smoking - be careful. It is really, really easy to over do it. You don't know how strong your infusion is until you try it, and even one capsule can be way too much. My suggestion is to make an infusion, then take a teaspoon of that and dilute with 9 teaspoons of plain oil. Then you have a 1/10 infusion. Make a bunch of 1/10 capsules, and then when you are ready to experiment take just one. If you don't notice anything, wait a whole day then take a dose of two, then the next day three etc, until you find a comfortable dose. Treat it like the powerful medicine it is. My experience doing something like this was that up to 5 caps at once was ok, but six was all of a sudden much too much, and fairly unpleasant for a couple of hours. But because I had crept up to the edge of my tolerance as it were, and not gone completely overboard, it wasn't too bad. So a good dose for me would between 1 to 4 caps of the diluted stuff. Less is more.      

Happy harvests, y'all!

Edited by billytheechidna, 03 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.

bingo

bingo

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

been meaning to chime in on this topic..

i too are very concerned about the legal ramifications of being busted by a RDT...

i have started making caps to avoid as much as possible leaving trace amounts of THC in my mouth. i even bought drug tests to see what works and what doesn't, the only thing i discovered was that oral testing is very unreliable...i couldn't get a positive to save my life, vaped and smoked...i was testing at 25 and then 12 ng. problem is the cops test down to 5 ng......i only ever vape when i have at least 24 hours before driving...i used to wait 6 hours..

a friend got done a few weeks ago having just smoked some quality buds...no not mine....got pulled up shortly afterwards and now has no licence for 3 months...the cop who pulled them over said 'that must have been good stuff you had?' when asked why he said he had pulled over a person who had recently smoked leaf and tip and gave a neg on the test...

so there are also different tests getting used...that daeger however is the deadliest test down to the 5ng...other swabs used are generally 12 ng....

any way stay safe.... 

Thewalrus88

Thewalrus88

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 Posts:
I work in the mines and I'm subjected to regular random saliva testing. We used to have the ones you lick the stick but now have upgraded to the dragur system.

I don't consume weed on my working week but do on days off and also on the last day off before work the next morning.

I like to give it 12 hours and pass no problem...also have been tested after only 9 hours with no problems.

I work with people that smoke every night and have no dramas.

Harder drugs on the other hand the drager machine can detect use up to 27 hours and people get caught out regularly.

Thewalrus88

Thewalrus88

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 Posts:
I work in the mines and I'm subjected to regular random saliva testing. We used to have the ones you lick the stick but now have upgraded to the dragur system.

I don't consume weed on my working week but do on days off and also on the last day off before work the next morning.

I like to give it 12 hours and pass no problem...also have been tested after only 9 hours with no problems.

I work with people that smoke every night and have no dramas.

Harder drugs on the other hand the drager machine can detect use up to 27 hours and people get caught out regularly.

r2doubled2

r2doubled2

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 Posts:
Well this is interesting...

‘When questioned in general terms about the effectiveness of the police’s oral testing method in detecting different types of cannabis consumption, Dr Perl said: “If it is ingested it will disappear out of the oral fluid very rapidly, or if it is ingested in a capsule form it will not even be detected [at all]”

https://www.echo.net...zsbx90a-1o_66SE

Hy-Gen Sea Essentials Unique Blend of Sea Plants
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.