250w MH, Dimmable, Digital Ballast?

You can definitely get 250w dimmable digital ballasts. Most digital ballast can also do MH or HPS no problem. You will need to provide more info like brand or model if you want any more specific feedback, nobody will know what you have got by your description. I have no experience with them personally but you could try to google reviews for your brand.

You can definitely get 250w dimmable digital ballasts. Most digital ballast can also do MH or HPS no problem. You will need to provide more info like brand or model if you want any more specific feedback, nobody will know what you have got by your description. I have no experience with them personally but you could try to google reviews for your brand.

There's no name on it just a couple stickers, i have never come across a 250w dimmable ballast before that means it should dim to 125w/187.5w/250w and boost I'm a bit hesitant to use it

Why does the colour of the casing matter?

Cos the red ones shine brighter :D  I only ask because usually companies use a colour to stand out. Is it made by Green Lighting Works (printed on the instructions)? Does it have "HID Lamp Electronic Ballast" printed on the end plate? If so sounds like the cheap one I posted about a few weeks ago it was a 250W dimmable MH/HPS.