Mr. Nice

Mr. Nice by Howard Marks, an old book now I gather, but new to me. An absolutely wonderful book about a bloke that was alleged by the DEA to be one of the world's largest marijuana smugglers.

An inspirational book that spans many years of "scamming"; moving grass and hash from one part of the world to another. From the late 60s until the eighties, Howard Marks bought and sold quantities of smoko in the mega tonns, as if he was buying a newspaper.

The book is an auto-biography. Easy to read, exciting, and very enlightening. It rekindled my dreams/memories of thai sticks and blocks of hash that just don't happen anymore.

Howard Marks' life experiences also reknews my hatred for the DEA, and bizzaro way the American Gov has assumed responsability for the world's morals on the subject of drugs. Aquitted by other governments around the world that were actually involved, America sticks their nose in business none of their own. They lie, cheat and flasly imprison people close to marks in the manner which we are taught Russia is only capable of. All to get any kind of confession from Mark or about him.

An excellent story that had me chomping at the bit, to race off for Pakistan and buy myslef a few tonn of hash to move. <_< If for no other reason but to spite the Americans.

The story shows how some people arrested and imprisoned in the drug war, truely are no less than political prisoners, with certain laws made especially for us that boggle the mind.

Every smoker ought to have a read of this.

cheers

rob