pre grow jitters..

Hey Sooty. I'm setting up the EXACT grow type as you!! 1.2 x 1.2m tent, using Coco& 25% perlite, just got my exhaust fan, and am waiting for my seeds to arrive. I've got everything you can get for a awesome grow except CO2 factor. I just decided today to get a ' CO2 Exhale'

thingy. The gas canister with regulator scares me a little so I'm avoiding it if possible.

How is yours going? I'm super curious.

hello anna, i haven't even started my first grow as yet as im still waiting for a couple things to arrive.. aus post lost one of my packages... luckily it wasnt something too sus cos i had to tell them what was in the parcel to raise an enquiry! i want to have everything i need all together before i start my grow.. think im a bit ocd lol but that's how i wanna start. as for the c02.. i was actually thinking of getting one of the bags that slowly expels it but after reading comments from experienced growers on this site, ill give it a miss. hope all turns out well for u [emoji106] just gotta remember the kiss method is best... (i gotta remember this too lol) cheers
  • Upvote 1

I'm on the same page as you Ford.

Plus, my understanding is that CO2 only gives a benefit in systems with an excess amount of light by enabling the plants to utilise it better, or something like that.

I think someone should let newbs know that going for all the high performance bells and whistles is a waste of money, and more likely to produce extra confusion than extra buds.

gday sir, thanking u for ur input again.. very much appreciated. quick question about running a carbon filter... i have a decent filter to go with my 6inch fan, should i be using the filter from day 1 with the fan? i know i need something to stop anything getting into the fan but can i use a cheaper smaller filter to use for a while until the smell builds up? instead of wasting my good filter? cheers

The purpose of the filter is to scrub the smell, so as long as you are keeping dust etc from entering the fan and the smell is not an issue for you you can run with or without a filter. But you do need to run the exhaust to replace the stale air still.

ok mate thanks

hello anna, i haven't even started my first grow as yet as im still waiting for a couple things to arrive.. aus post lost one of my packages... luckily it wasnt something too sus cos i had to tell them what was in the parcel to raise an enquiry! i want to have everything i need all together before i start my grow.. think im a bit ocd lol but that's how i wanna start. as for the c02.. i was actually thinking of getting one of the bags that slowly expels it but after reading comments from experienced growers on this site, ill give it a miss. hope all turns out well for u [emoji106] just gotta remember the kiss method is best... (i gotta remember this too lol) cheers

Hey Sooty

Yes...KISS! Thanx for that reminder. I'm reading up as much as I can but some days I learn something important and other days; I just get more confused. I finally got some of the seeds I ordered but they are the regular ones rather than feminized so I've got 36 germinating in Rapid Rooters - that allows for some duds and some males. I got some CO2 Pads Junior but am gonna get the CO2Exhale bottles for later I think.

I've also started preparing my Coco by hydrating the bricks and rinsing with tap water pH 'ed. (I got my pH reader & EC reader)(& hygrometer)

When you have time let me know what you're up to. Are you still waiting for any deliveries?

Thanx for the advice guys. Having listened to your p.o.v.'s on the CO2 subject, I'm thinking I'll leave investing in any expensive introduction for after my first SUCCESSFUL grow! Focusing on the basics seems more sensible at this newbish stage. After all, outdoor plants can grow huge and that's without CO2 pouring over them.

I agree totally Anna. Get your basics keyed in before you go investing in CO2. There are lots of variables to get set right without adding CO2 to complicate matters IMO.

Sure plants need CO2 but decent airflow will give you enough CO2 to produce a good crop of nice buds, without the added expense.

Huge plants sounds great, but some people think more plants equals more bud. WRONG. Some people think more lights equals more bud. WRONG

It's all about balance, a balance between grow space vs light vs airflow(CO2). If you have one of these out of whack you will not obtain the optimum from your grow.

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1