pre grow jitters..

Mine is a outdoors grow and this year I have one that was tipped at about a foot or so high which has resulted in four Christmas trees 6foot high coming from the one trunk and I'm very happy with it,I usually wait till there a round three quarters of the way in to there peak high height usually when they start to flower then I'll go again about three quarters of the way up the stem attach a rope or string and bend the top of the plant right over to the ground mainly just for height reasons but it also allows light to access the bottom branches resulting in bigger buds on the lower branches and stops a lot of branches from snapping if I happen to get bad weather or if the buds get weighed down from rain to as has been the case this year I nearly always do it this way and find it works well for outdoors

Well, put it this way, I only tip once. But that's because of the way in which I train my growth, as I say 'out like a starfish'. So instead of it growing like a xmas tree shape ^ mine is inverted V-shape. Outdoor the sun naturally moves from east to west, so outdoor the whole plant gets 'equal' light at some point over the day, hence the xmas tree shape. But I'm indoor and I have equal light over the whole space all day, so for me it's better to have the xmas tree shape inverted. Now, tipping divides the growing tips so instead of one large growing tip per branch you have two smaller tips. Because I grow my plant 'out like a starfish' where each lateral stem comes of the branch I have a budding tip, if I tip each of these I have double the density and then end up with a problem with airflow and eventually mould. Not what I want and this is why I only tip once.

Merl1n

cool.. makes sense.. pretty much what ive read up on ( which would be mostly ur posts anyway [emoji12] ) regarding this. i was hesitant about tipping/topping and im comfortable with the plan of doing it once. golden advice as always Merlin... [emoji108]

Mine is a outdoors grow and this year I have one that was tipped at about a foot or so high which has resulted in four Christmas trees 6foot high coming from the one trunk and I'm very happy with it,I usually wait till there a round three quarters of the way in to there peak high height usually when they start to flower then I'll go again about three quarters of the way up the stem attach a rope or string and bend the top of the plant right over to the ground mainly just for height reasons but it also allows light to access the bottom branches resulting in bigger buds on the lower branches and stops a lot of branches from snapping if I happen to get bad weather or if the buds get weighed down from rain to as has been the case this year I nearly always do it this way and find it works well for outdoors

thank u for the input GQ, yeah ive seen ur pics, they look awesome and u obviously know what ur doing [emoji106] my first ever grow will be indoors and i cant wait [emoji2]

hi all, ive been reading up on growing indoors and planning my first grow.got my head wrapped around most of the process but there's a couple of things im still unsure of, so some questions are...

#1. ventilation: i have a 6 inch can max fan for my 1mX1mX2m tent, i assume its not needed for small plants but when do i actually need to start running this? (this first grow will be running 600w led and cfl side lighting) i have other circulating fans as well and i understand air movement is a key factor just unsure when to run the larger fan.

#2. watering and nutes (coco-perlite run 2 waste) : i have read a lot of people don't feed nutes until 2 or 3 weeks in, but others have said they will feed them within first week (at low strength). is this just preference from 'learning from experience'? or is there any sort of general rule of thumb to this?

#3. in regards to nutes: whether it be 1 week or 3 weeks in, how much can u mix up at one time for further use? i have read that up to 1 week is ok? i understand the nute co. recommendations are at full strength and should be dropped back?

example: if i had 2 plants that are however old enough to be needing nutes, and the nute co. says to add 1/2 tsp each of part a,b,c to 4 litres water... should i be adding only a quarter of that abc to 4 litres water? will the small plants drink 4 litres a week? will be watering by weight of pot..

sorry if ive put anyone to sleep reading this, all advice much appreciated [emoji6]

Hey Sooty. I'm setting up the EXACT grow type as you!! 1.2 x 1.2m tent, using Coco& 25% perlite, just got my exhaust fan, and am waiting for my seeds to arrive. I've got everything you can get for a awesome grow except CO2 factor. I just decided today to get a ' CO2 Exhale'

thingy. The gas canister with regulator scares me a little so I'm avoiding it if possible.

How is yours going? I'm super curious.

Do you see a difference using CO2 in a tent?

I thought CO2 was for sealed systems that have no air exchange.

I know CO2 is heavy and mostly hangs around the ground, but is there any concern that your added CO2 will get sucked out as quickly as it is produced?

I'm on the same page as you Ford.

Plus, my understanding is that CO2 only gives a benefit in systems with an excess amount of light by enabling the plants to utilise it better, or something like that.

I think someone should let newbs know that going for all the high performance bells and whistles is a waste of money, and more likely to produce extra confusion than extra buds.

• Upvote 2