Finishing off with 8hr cycles

leaving the plant in total darkness for 72 hours before harvest is a way to increase resin .noticably

Especially noticeable on plants left well past their due harvest date .

No good trying it unless you handle some of the buds and feel how sticky they are before putting

them to the three days of dark.

Then feel them at the end ...you should be able to notice the difference.

Even the dry bud is more tackier

If hand watering In cool weather they can take the dark hours without a drink . But be mindful in hot weather as you

might need to sneak in and give them a drink . It's seems ok if your quick and use low light like from a phone .

As long as they have had a good long flush I believe it takes the buds to a better level . Worth trying .nothing to lose.

I let one plant dry right out once but didn't have a benchmark to tell the difference .(only one of its strain in the grow)so cannot really say

If it worked or not.

leaving the plant in total darkness for 72 hours before harvest is a way to increase resin .noticably

Especially noticeable on plants left well past their due harvest date .

I didn't know that, I'm onto that next time.

I had a strain I had to finish of quickly and went back to 9 hours and it worked a treat.

However like others have said, other the two week period they didn't fatten up anymore.

Looking forward to letting it run "naturally " this time

When I first started growing 30 years ago, I bought a book which told me to 16/8 for veg and 8/16 for flower, so that's what I used to do, worked just fine.

It was a long time ago, and I had a massive break from growing in between, so I can't remember how it compared to 12/12 in terms of flowering times and bud yield.  But if they were basically the same it would be a way to save some power I suppose?  I know some sativa's like light hours reduced, especially towards the end, and that's the only time I've gone below 12/12 recently, but indicas seem to be more than happy with plain old 12/12.

Might have to try it again one day, could also be helpful during hotter times of the year I'd imagine.

I dont understand how the plant can produce more resin considering how long it takes for resin to mature on the plant. Can you explain this ? ;) If the resin we smoke has matured on the plant for say 6 weeks atleast.... how can keeping a plant in the dark, no photosynthesis is occuring... not feeding it anything, yes you are stressing it out.... but stressing it out to produce more of the compounds that take 6 weeks+ to reach a peak in concentration... is a load of shite. Absolutely bullshit.

• Upvote 1

I dont understand how the plant can produce more resin considering how long it takes for resin to mature on the plant. Can you explain this ? ;) If the resin we smoke has matured on the plant for say 6 weeks atleast.... how can keeping a plant in the dark, no photosynthesis is occuring... not feeding it anything, yes you are stressing it out.... but stressing it out to produce more of the compounds that take 6 weeks+ to reach a peak in concentration... is a load of shite. Absolutely bullshit.

I'm sure there is a lot you don't understand Nuffy, Google it for fucks sake .