Curing Question

On my first cure after about 4 months the weed starting smelling like old tried food herbs.
A mate compared it to smelling like teatree.

Done in Mocona jars cleaned and sterilized
In the same grow, after the dry and then 1 week cure, I compressed a half oz and then sealed it. It smells great.
AFter 3 month cure, it still smelt ok, I compressed another half. Opened up when I opened the half and it smells almost as bad.
When I pulled the half out after 3 months it smelt fine.
Another way to describe it is after having an outdoor bud in a glass jar for 12 months.

Am I letting to much air in?
Is it mould? Is has been humid
Is it just how curing works?

I find after a proper dry and then one week of curing is my favourite time to smoke.
Any tips of how I can lock in this freshness?
Anyone seen this symptom before?

Thanks

I have found after curing the smell changers.

I not long ago had some kali mist that was close to 3 years cured, it has little to no smell but the taste and the buzz was off the hook..

I have had green python that was cured for about a year the smell was not any where as strong as when i opened up the jar.

Over dry buds can b a lil light on smell i have found in the past as well, one thing imo you should only cure in glassi dont like the idea of using plastic to cure buds...

• Upvote 2

I imagine theres a good guide to curing here somewhere, must read up, getting close to harvest one plant for me, well at least a month but you know, Im slow.

Never cured. always used to dry the fuck outta it and do whatever, smoke it, ha

I've read the curing guide here and another place or two.

The buds smoke fine, they burn well, aren't dry and get me just as high BUT they smell old herby smell that I don't like.

I may have done something wrong after the dry but I'm going to try it again.

I have found after curing the smell changers.

I not long ago had some kali mist that was close to 3 years cured, it has little to no smell but the taste and the buzz was off the hook..

I have had green python that was cured for about a year the smell was not any where as strong as when i opened up the jar.

Over dry buds can b a lil light on smell i have found in the past as well, one thing imo you should only cure in glassi dont like the idea of using plastic to cure buds...

Did you cure it for 3 years? I wouldn't have enough will power to leave it alone for months let alone years

Did you cure it for 3 years? I wouldn't have enough will power to leave it alone for months let alone years

Partly by me but mostly by the person that grew it.

When u pull 13lb from a grow it tends to last a wile.

I have done a 1 years cure, got 2nd place at the canna cup at mg last year...

• Upvote 1

BBS i find that smell i am the only one that can smell it i know the smell your talking about its like a off leafy smell, once u cure and u touch the buds they let off a nice aroma no where near as fruity or freshness while growing its more of a richer mature smell but less pungent on the nose

i find once your grow is over and u have a few weeks without smelling it the aroma does smell different but it comes back with a nice pot smell and u can no longer smell that leafy smell

Partly by me but mostly by the person that grew it.

When u pull 13lb from a grow it tends to last a wile.

I have done a 1 years cure, got 2nd place at the canna cup at mg last year...

Yeah i imagine 13pounds would last a while..But saying you won such n such is just silly isn't it? That doesn't hide who you are very much
  • Upvote 1

Yeah i imagine 13pounds would last a while..But saying you won such n such is just silly isn't it? That doesn't hide who you are very much

It was between members of osa and one or 2 others no one know who i am as there was no info posted in regards to names who i am or here i live.

There are some members that know the real me but that has been over years of trust through the boards and meeting at mardigrass, so all in all no i not worrried that some one may find out who i am but i dout it...

• Upvote 1