Hermie

Hmm I guess its not that bad after all as I now have a life time supply of seeds lol and there all different so not a total loss but it was a shock iv never had Hermie's before and I now believe that it was due to something stupid that I did so I've learnt a lesson as well

Are the seeds from the Hermie self pollinating or from the female they pollinated or both ? My two only crossed with each other and themselves as i moved my female to a different area because i know shes stable because she's been stressed big time lol

Thanks for that but just to verify that I understand this correctly true female plants that are pollinated by a true Hermie meaning a female that produced male parts if I pollinate with with those male parts to a true female I'll have true feminized seeds is that right?

Not exactly short answer yes you will fem seeds. Long answer you will have fem seeds with a very high chance of turning hermie at the slightest upset.

You will get some nice fem plants but you will find most will end up becomeing hermie. If you have seeds from a self pollinated hermie you have the same genie's of the plant so you will have hermie seeds. True fem seeds are made from a few different methods google how to make fem seeds its an interesting topic.

Why do people keep disseminating this stupid myth.  Wherever the pollen from a true hermaphrodite plant ends up, the offspring will carry that trait, it IS NOT feminised seed.

Its chinese whispers of an old school method of producing mainly fem seeds, which is taking a fem plant way past maturity so she starts spitting out nana's galore, and using that pollen.  Just because it's on the internet, it must be true lol

But if you want to try turning hermies into feminised gold, feel free.

Or maybe, if you really want to make fem seeds, take a proper female plant, spray it with colloidal silver, silver thiosulphate, tireas mist, or something, and use the pollen from that turned plant.

• Upvote 1

Why do people keep disseminating this stupid myth. Wherever the pollen from a true hermaphrodite plant ends up, the offspring will carry that trait, it IS NOT feminised seed.

Its chinese whispers of an old school method of producing mainly fem seeds, which is taking a fem plant way past maturity so she starts spitting out nana's galore, and using that pollen. Just because it's on the internet, it must be true lol

But if you want to try turning hermies into feminised gold, feel free.

Or maybe, if you really want to make fem seeds, take a proper female plant, spray it with colloidal silver, silver thiosulphate, tireas mist, or something, and use the pollen from that turned plant.

Is there such a thing as a feminised seed then. All fem seeds can turn hermie. And some fem seeds when grown have actually turned out to be male rare but it happens. So with that in mind fem seeds have a hermie trait small as it is. And they do have a very slight chance of being male. So is there such a thing as a FEMINISED seed?

Yes there is.  And yes there is also a theory out there that fem seeds are more susceptible to stress, and other things like micro seeds and stuff.

A fem plant forced to drop pollen, drops pollen only containing female chromosones, or whatever the techno speak is lol .  This is different to a hermaphrodite, which carries a genetic trait which either makes it show both sexes, or at the least to do that with minimal stress.  This is why it's important to be sure of any plant you use to make fem pollen, ideally a clone taken from a plant which has been allowed to flower out to show stability.

For me personally, fem seed is great, and it takes some hassle out of growing, but I have absolutely no problem with using reg beans and don't understand why so many people get there knickers in a twist about having to grow a few extras and cull out males, most of the time they show pre flowers by 3-4 weeks in veg, and you've still got enough space for the extras at that point, plus you then have the option of collecting pollen for another generation.  But I've still made fem seeds once, and will be doing it again, it's fun to experiment with weed :thumbsup: