I love election time :P So much fun to be had, I love the way they blatantly bag each other out in the weeks leading up to the big day. These big shot pollies that are meant to be running our country, are basically slinging insults like children at each other and going, 'nernernerner' :D ::P:

It looks as though the Green party prefs could be a major factor in Labour winning, and Latham seems fairly popular compared to John How Odd ;)

So, fess! Who voted for who? And why? ;)

:P .. im gonna probably chuck a donkey vote, i look at it as either LATHAM or HOWARD are gonna make the way australians live better. If both of those fools stop buying gucci & versasci suites and stop buying $600 dollar dinners etc we wouldnt have to pay as much tax. They claim our TAXES go into building new roads, hospital beds etc ... but it actually is paying for those limmo rides and exspensive overseas trips that the government makes.

Vote 4 Me ... ;) :D well we might as well sell out souls to the devil.

~ peace :thumbsup

I voted Green and HEMP first. CEC, TGA, FFP, and liberal last. Just like i said i was going to.

sLiM sHiFty, the reason polititians get huge paypackets is to discourage corruption. If you had a high paying job, would you do everything you can to keep the job for 20 years or risk it all for a quick score?

Of course the only real choices are latham and howard, the only way that will change is if there are enough votes for another party to make that party one of the two prefered parties. Work out where your preferences are going and put all the parties you support before the two major parties, then put the major party you feel is the lesser of two evils and lastly put the party you don't want and you might see a change.

As i have said before, if the idiots are the only ones voting, then they will have all the power.

Greens got my #1, then the rest down to Liberal at #8. I was going to fill in all 40 boxes below the line, but some of them I really wasn't sure about in the end, so I put my trust in the Greens and just gave them #1 above the line so they can allocate preferences as they see fit.

I'm quietly optimistic that Howard will be out, the polls over the last few days were trending away from Liberals and towards a 50-50 split. But I suspect Liberal will get in by a hair. Regardless, the Greens are going to increase their seats and their vote overall, and this is really the most important thing at the moment. The less dominating control the 2 parties have over our Political system the better, we need the Greens and other minor parties to keep them in check and to ensure proper representation of the Australian public.

I love election day, I always find voting fun and it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling for the rest of the day :thumbsup

Here's a link to the Australian Electoral Commission site, they have a virtual tally room: AEC Virtual Tally Room Tassie have just about finished counting, looks like Labour's in :thumbsup But it'll be close for the seats in Bass and Braddon. Western Australian votes will be the last in, polling closes at 8pm eastern standard time. Looks as though the Greens are doing ok so far, early days yet!