Air Pots/Rocket Pots

Hi guys, 

I am already researching my next grow which is going to be bigger/better than my current single plant tent. I'm intrigued with the idea of Air-Pots for growing with coco. 

They are not that cheap compared to just big pots from the garden center but I like the science behind them and I assume they are re-usable again and again. 

Firstly I know some of you have probably tried them, did you notice any significant difference between the air pot and normal pots in how the plants grew. 

From what I've read you can use a smaller air pot than a normal size pot. To grow 2-4 medium size plants in a 1Mx1M tent would you suggest 10L or 15L pots for final size. 

Considering grabbing some 1L, 5L and 10L air pots for the next run. Having a harder time deciding on seeds though. 

Cheers

-HC

I looked into these pots around 2+ years ago a lot of people were using and recommending them but if your doing 8+ plants the cost gets up there, i cant remember the prices but they were expensive for what they are

i ended up going with 3 gallon fabric pots which in the end i didn't even use, I'm using them now though

the best pots i have had success with were plastic bags believe it

• Upvote 1

I looked into these pots around 2+ years ago a lot of people were using and recommending them but if your doing 8+ plants the cost gets up there, i cant remember the prices but they were expensive for what they are

i ended up going with 3 gallon fabric pots which in the end i didn't even use, I'm using them now though

the best pots i have had success with were plastic bags believe it

thanks Chrystal - yea they are around $25-30 for 10L air pots I think, vs $2-3 at Bunnings for normal pots. Normal pots never been an issue for 99% of growers so I guess I'm trying to understand how the Air Pots would help, extra air to the roots would be nice and apparently the roots don't get so rootbound. 

I just did some googling and found this which i think answers most of my questions although still keen to hear from people who've tried both. 

http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-smart-pots-air-pots 

Guess it will come down to cost and availability, I don't like relying on stuff that can only be ordered online. 

I peppered a 175mm pot with holes and that plant went OK.

Currently trying the rhizo pot 3.8l with a bunch of seedlings and got 2 rocket air pots too.

The rhizopots were like $3.50 and I got the 2 rocket air 8l pots at local hydro shop for around $10 a piece, I have seen them for $22 each but I bought a few other bits at the same time so got some discount.

I found it interesting that sweet seeds use them as seen in their latest thread.

punching holes would probably have some benefit, but the additional benefit of the air pots I think is the anti spiral properties which I'm not sure a standard flat wall pot with holes punched in it would achieve. 

can't find anywhere local up my way which sells them so if I want them it will be at $15-30 a pop online. 

here's an example of what has got me curious

post-60242-0-44130200-1487929000_thumb.jpg post-60242-0-91072700-1487929075_thumb.jpg

Edited by hydrochronic