Sensi Nutes, One for Newbies and DWC Growers

It's about time a nutrient manufacturer came out with a self adjusting PH nutrient's, i donno how long it has been on the market but i just stumbled on it while searching Ebay

Sensi Nutrients have one for hydroponics and one for coco as far as i could see

it automatically corrects initial PH and maintains it how good is that?

I'm seriously considering DWC now just because it would be a pain in the ass draining nutes once a day to check and adjusting PH

this nutrient sounds brilliant as my PH wond cost me like $60-$65 and the calibration just cost me another $14 and only lasted one calibration, these nutes would save a small fortune over years

• Upvote 1

My nute mix made by Flairform has a pH balance in it, which is great for the initial setup, but it only stays stable for that day

But each day my pH needs to be dropped down again. Often my salts drop day to day and a dash of nute mix needs to be added. Although this dash does drop my pH I still need to add 2 -3 drops of pH down to set it to about right.

I flush my recirc setup once/fort. This flush removes salts and resets both my ppm and pH. I'm a little unsure why you'd be draining your nutes daily?

• Upvote 1

My nute mix made by Flairform has a pH balance in it, which is great for the initial setup, but it only stays stable for that day

But each day my pH needs to be dropped down again. Often my salts drop day to day and a dash of nute mix needs to be added. Although this dash does drop my pH I still need to add 2 -3 drops of pH down to set it to about right.

I flush my recirc setup once/fort. This flush removes salts and resets both my ppm and pH. I'm a little unsure why you'd be draining your nutes daily?

This is the first i have ever seen PH stable nutes from reading the description the nutes hold the same PH, I'm unsure if it holds the PH for 1-2 weeks or not but they do say no need for PH meters anymore

I follow pretty much the same routine with recirc hydro Merl1n, except for 1 thing.  I monitor my EC in the res daily, but I keep adjusting the strength to try and maintain a level where it neither drops or rises day to day, on the basis that that tells me exactly what level the plants want, if that makes sense.  So basically if it drops, my solution is too weak for the plants, if it rises, my solution is too strong.  That base level changes at times like early growth, stretch, post stretch, and late flower, but when I find the spot I can generally run it at that between flushes without having to adjust the res, and the plants seem happy without nute burn.  Dunno if it gets the best results possible, but makes logical sense to me.

PH though, does still need the odd adjustment still, so if these nutes can hold it on an ongoing basis it would save a small amount of hassle, but I'd still feel compelled to check.  Certainly intrigued, and would be keen to hear anyone's experience.

• Upvote 1

I think you'll find it'll comes down to the water quality that your using in some cases, as PH levels can vary shitloads from one region/water source to another.

I don't know if I was lucky, or it was the process that I was using. Back when I was doing DWC, I would fill up a plastic garbage bin on the side and drop a kickarse aerator in it and balance it straight away. Then I wouldn't use it for at least 3 days to give it time to dissipate the chlorine out of it, and check it again before using in reservoir. For reasons unknown to me I never had any PH issues as it pretty well remained stable all of the time.

Maybe that's something you might want to consider, Chrystal?

Edited by Indycar

I think you'll find it'll comes down to the water quality that your using in some cases, as PH levels can vary shitloads from one region/water source to another.

I don't know if I was lucky, or it was the process that I was using. Back when I was doing DWC, I would fill up a plastic garbage bin on the side and drop a kickarse aerator in it and balance it straight away. Then I wouldn't use it for at least 3 days to give it time to dissipate the chlorine out of it, and check it again before using in reservoir. For reasons unknown to me I never had any PH issues as it pretty well remained stable all of the time.

Maybe that's something you might want to consider, Chrystal?

I've done DWC a few times i done it back in the 1990's before it exploded on the market mine were big round pots with a inner mesh pot than it had a mesh pot inside of that with a air driver water squirter but the shit thing was there was no way of checking PH unless i drained the pots and filled it back up, these pots also had no drain so i just ran with it without checking PH and i grew some nice 5 footers

than i grew again in DWC after this again not checking my PH but i fried the plants with strong nutes no way of getting into the container

if nutes like this Advance Nutrient Sensi range were available all i would need to do is empty and refill once a week and it would be perfect

Nah, i was thinking of going DWC next round but i have no space to place a res so i can only run individual growing pots so i would need to test each one and adjust PH probably more pain in the ass than worth it haha so i reckon these PH stable nutes would be really handy, it would just be a matter of draining the nutes once a week

i could fit 3, 20L pales in my tent and those Advance Nutrients (Sensi) use 4mls per litre at full strength so i think a couple bottles of A+B would last a while