• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Bringing a Grinder on a Plane

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

trotter

trotter

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None
i dont see much of a problem with bruising and abusing buds that are destined for the flame within 5mins of mulling. each to their own

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

hydrochronic

hydrochronic

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"

I have to disagree with the scissor crew, I will never go back to pure scissors. I have about 7 different grinders, some coarse and some fine, but all take just a few seconds to chop up 1-2g and I also have a paid of 'herb chopping scissors' which has about 5 sets of blades which I will then run over the grind with, depending on how fine I want my chop.

Attached File  yellow-octopus-7-blade-scissors-green-1_2.jpg   36.07K   22 downloads

You can get grinders very easily in Aus and online, and I have transported grinders back from Amsterdam to Aus before but I only used it once while I was over there. It was more of an ornamental/souvenir thing than a practical one. 

This is my current fav grinder. Not sure if it's against the rules to post links but they are cheap here: https://www.newvape....e-grinder-9133/

Attached File  001.jpg   108.81K   21 downloads Attached File  002.jpg   113.13K   21 downloads Attached File  003.jpg   161.97K   19 downloads

Harry Bootlace

Harry Bootlace

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

never used grinder, never used scissors.

fingers.

smj81

smj81

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts:

Wow, I'm glad I asked! Do you know, are grinders easy to come by at smoke shops in Melbourne?

Go to Kmart and get a cheap $15 coffee grinder

smj81

smj81

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts:

Yeah, to be honest, I've been using scissors but a few friends have been laughing at me about it and saying it's not getting the same quality out of the herb as a grinder. So, I'm thinking of getting my first grinder but if I shelled out, it would be a shame to leave it here in LA when I'm in Melbourne but it seems that's the safest scenario.

Nothing beats a cheap pair of scissors..No need for those fancy multi blade ones just a normal pair of paper cutting scissors

Typhoon

Typhoon

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: COB LED
I used an electric coffee grinder for years. Nothing wrong with them. Also used scissors, manual grinder, the old mouli, secateurs hell even a butchers knife. Attached File  IMG_0193.PNG   45.28K   17 downloads

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

- Hunter S Thompson

billygoat

billygoat

• Banned
  • 6868 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Lighting: LOTS

Nothing beats a cheap pair of scissors..No need for those fancy multi blade ones just a normal pair of paper cutting scissors

Pffft . I can chop up a quarter perfectly in under 5 seconds with my machine. Think it's a coffee grinder.

The added bonus is scraping it out every few months. Great cone toppers.

Scissors are a waste of time !

Hempy SOG   ---   2018 SAL grow   ---    2016 indoor grow.   ---    2015 outdoor grow.    ---    2014 Sweet Seeds Autoflower grow.     

smj81

smj81

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts:

Pffft . I can chop up a quarter perfectly in under 5 seconds with my machine. Think it's a coffee grinder.

The added bonus is scraping it out every few months. Great cone toppers.

Scissors are a waste of time !

Ive got nothing against coffee grinders I used to use them all the time, but they do damage your bud more than scissors do I imagine and I'd rather those cone toppers stay in my bud from the start instead of smashed against the grinder wall a million times

hydrochronic

hydrochronic

Curing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 Posts:

Maybe i'm just shit with scissors but would take me 3-4 mins with the scissors to do what takes <20 seconds with a grinder. I've never felt that my buds were too 'bruised' - quite the opposite i find that scissors don't get it as fine as I like and if it's sticky stuff then scissors are even worse. 

smj81

smj81

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 Posts:
There definitely is an art to mulling up fast with scissors lol

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.