Bringing a Grinder on a Plane

I've actually never used a grinder before but I was recently told it was a good idea. With that in mind, I'm wondering if you can bring a weed grinder on a plane as long as there's no weed residue in it? I'm assuming there'd be no problem but I'm just curious if I bring a grinder with me when I fly back to Melbourne from Los Angeles. 

If you have to buy a new grinder over here OZbongs has plenty of good makes of them here in Australia an at the right price an if you are a paid up member here at ozstoners you will be able to get a discount code from here an type that in when you order the new grinder an you get the discount which is about 10% to 15% I think that is right ,Ozzy420 will know that anyway hey  Ozzy420.

Ozzy420 is the eyes an ears of the  of OZtoners lol.  Regards Dingo-2008.

Yeah, to be honest, I've been using scissors but a few friends have been laughing at me about it and saying it's not getting the same quality out of the herb as a grinder. So, I'm thinking of getting my first grinder but if I shelled out, it would be a shame to leave it here in LA when I'm in Melbourne but it seems that's the safest scenario. 

Yeah, to be honest, I've been using scissors but a few friends have been laughing at me about it and saying it's not getting the same quality out of the herb as a grinder. So, I'm thinking of getting my first grinder but if I shelled out, it would be a shame to leave it here in LA when I'm in Melbourne but it seems that's the safest scenario.

That is pure bull dust.. you do not lose quality by using scissors.. if "friends" are laughing that you use scissors, they are obviously noobs anyway. . It is just slightly easier to use a grinder and no chance of taking taking the top of your thumb off. you can easily source grinders in Aus, either online or at a tobaconist. If you decide to get a grinder, go for a full metal one as plastic ones do not work well nor do they last long..

What Ozzy said.  No grinder can match the even consistency of a mull done with scissors, nor can they get it as fine if that's what's wanted.  So long as you're doing it over the bowl, any trichs knocked off chopping with scissors end up in the mix still, and if anything scissors will be gentler on the material.  But for vapes or joints, grinders do get pretty much the correct consistency, and with less time and effort, so they are certainly handy if that's how you consume.

i use an electric coffee grinder. get them cheap at woolies and they work almost too well... anymore than 4-5 seconds and buds are dusted. and i scrape out the 'gold dust' that is left behind and press into hash dabs.. awesome stuff

I disagree, it's just the ultimate in lazy mulling up.  They bruise the shit out of your buds, and knock a lot of trichs off.  Yes, the trichs end up lining the unit, and can be made into hash, but that hash is so contaminated with greenery I don't see the point.  If you want hash, make it, if you want buds, prep them for best taste and effect.  A 4 part grinder will collect trichs in the bottom without abusing the shit out of your buds if you want the occassional hash reward without any extra work.

:peace:

• Upvote 2