Importing of cannabis has been allowed for decades

From Medical Cannabis Advisory Group QLD

Importing of cannabis, cannabis resin and cannabinoids has been allowed for decades under the Customs Regulations, but the federal and state Government have gone to great measures to stop or restrict patients trying to access cannabis products in the interim. The only way to speed up or "fast track" access for local and imports is to support the Greens motion to disallow in the Senate on 23 March and BLOCK the federal Government's changes to the Therapeutic Goods Regulation that aim to stop immediate access for patients with terminal and life threatening conditions under Category A. If these changes are not stopped patients will be made to wait for TGA and state approval which can take up to 6 months under Category B. Local industry will also suffer as waiting 6 months to be able to supply orders will not be viable. We also need the local cultivation of the medical cannabis plant to start immediately for access to dried bud and THC products. State hemp laws need to change to allow CBD hemp oil as food NOT a S4 medicine. Patients also need provisions under state laws that will fully exempt patients and their carers from criminal arrest and charges, and provisions for not for profits to guarantee affordable supply as commercial products are just that - for profit and will be too expensive for many patients and their families.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/02/16/australia-should-import-medical-cannabis-from-overseas-bill-sho/

• Upvote 3

What about people who need cannabis but that aren't terminally ill. I'm currently addicted to anti depression and anxiety medication that doesn't even work! If I stop taking them for 2 days I feel as though I'm going to collapse and my teeth are going to drop out! The only thing thay relieves my anxiety and depression is CBD rich CANNABIS not HEMP!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

What about people who need cannabis but that aren't terminally ill. I'm currently addicted to anti depression and anxiety medication that doesn't even work! If I stop taking them for 2 days I feel as though I'm going to collapse and my teeth are going to drop out! The only thing thay relieves my anxiety and depression is CBD rich CANNABIS not HEMP!

I hear you, though I havent managed to try CBD rich yet. I dont even really smoke because the anxiety gets worse on regular dope.

So its a pill for me. 

next time Im  am growing some HIGH CBD/low THC med strains I have seeds for.

being illegal doesnt help ANYONE, except the crooks who grow the chemical ridden shit in sheds and flog off to the poor suckers.

the more its accepted as medicine by mainstream australia,  even if still strictly illegal, the more people turn a blind eye, think its OK,  and less thinking it turns people into maniacs or whatever.

• Upvote 3

I hear you, though I havent managed to try CBD rich yet. I dont even really smoke because the anxiety gets worse on regular dope.

So its a pill for me.

next time Im am growing some HIGH CBD/low THC med strains I have seeds for.

being illegal doesnt help ANYONE, except the crooks who grow the chemical ridden shit in sheds and flog off to the poor suckers.

the more its accepted as medicine by mainstream australia, even if still strictly illegal, the more people turn a blind eye, think its OK, and less thinking it turns people into maniacs or whatever.

Once you try a really nice tasting CBD rich strain you wont want to go back THC rich (depending on whether or not you are treating anxiety). CBD rich cannabis with low-medium levels of THC works wonders for anxiety. Hemp however with no-minimal THC is useless as all the compounds are required in conjunction with one another for the desired effect.

• Upvote 1

Even if they just let us grow one or two for our own use weather it be for medical or recreation straight up you would stop the black market . I myself use it for medical and have done so for 20 years or more and will continue to do so no matter what anyone says

And may those 2 plants be fucking gigantic :)

• Upvote 2