CBD Buds!

Hmmmm OK.

Here's some little known info for you.

Cannabis, smoko, pot has a mix of cannabinoids. One being THC another being CBD. The THC is what gets you stoned. There is a general consensus that CBD is the cannabinoid that is beneficial to some epilepsy sufferers. For these sufferers the THC is considered a negative side effect of the medication. Now it has been found that with commercial hemp, grown for making rope and other fibre, although it has very little THC at all ( I've been told it will only give you a headache if you smoked a sack full )it is very high in CBD. CBD has been shown to have very little of an intoxicating effect unlike our friend THC.

Now, depending on the symptoms, there is some evidence that the interaction between THC, THCV, CBN, CBD and the other cannabinoids are also of medical benefit. The optimum levels of each are heavily debated and personally I don't believe that debate will ever end. For me, again personally, I strongly believe I do not get a benefit solely from the THC nor the CBD nor the CBN, I get the benefit from the interaction between all of these compounds. This is known as the Entourage effect. But the science, the proof, behind that fact is very much in it's infancy. They haven't figured out all the systems the cannabinoids interact with within the body and how they interact. So in many cases the scientific proof our govt wants just isn't known conclusively. Does it work? HELL YEA. Is there a benefit to patients? HELL YEA. Where's the proof?..... .....The proof is mostly anecdotal, personal experiences of individuals. Not the double blind test the scientists need nor the govt want. And THAT is the problem. Many of these interactions have been studied overseas, but due to government restrictions, bugger all testing has been done here in Australia.

Now, in the U.S there are test kits available to be able to test for the levels of certain Cannabinoids. I have not heard of such test kits being available here in Oz. For a mate of a mate to be saying 'High CBD' via breeding without having access to some pretty high tech equipment or these test kits, I'd be seriously question their evidence. Now, there is a high CBD ration plant called Charlotte's Web, so breeding from this strain to further increase CBD levels may well be possible, I don't know. But I'd reckon you'd be needing some pretty serious biological chemistry qualifications to be breeding such plants with any sort of surety you were in fact increasing a specific cannabinoid.

OK, so the other side of this is benefit. If an individual is receiving a benefit scientifically proven or not, WHO CARES??? It works. That's enough for me. I don't care which cannabinoid is interacting with which cells from which organ. I DON"T GIVE A SHIT. IT WORKS FOR ME!!!! it may not work the same for the next bloke, it may not have the same benefits. Selfishly on my part, I don't care, but for me, ahhh relief and that's ALL I want. If this is where you are at for your child, you fuckin go for it. BUT some unscrupulous people will also prey on people wanting an alternative to the conventional meds. Years ago they used to Call them "Snake Oil Salesman". 'CBD' oil is the buzz word at the moment. 'OHH yea, it's real high in CBD'. Christ, they'll sell you anything if you believe. I have seen canna oil made from a mix of canna and lawn clippings. Hence now I make my own oil from my own grows, at least that way I'm sure what has gone into it is quality.

So without some sort of proof, I'd be questioning, that's for bloody sure.

So be aware. There are many "Snake Oil Salesman" out there.

But if you or your child are getting a benefit from it, high CBD or not, it does not matter. Just don't be paying shitloads to "Snake Oil Salesman" if they can't prove it.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Hmmmm OK.

Here's some little known info for you.

Cannabis, smoko, pot has a mix of cannabinoids. One being THC another being CBD. The THC is what gets you stoned. There is a general consensus that CBD is the cannabinoid that is beneficial to some epilepsy sufferers. For these sufferers the THC is considered a negative side effect of the medication. Now it has been found that with commercial hemp, grown for making rope and other fibre, although it has very little THC at all ( I've been told it will only give you a headache if you smoked a sack full )it is very high in CBD. CBD has been shown to have very little of an intoxicating effect unlike our friend THC.

Now, depending on the symptoms, there is some evidence that the interaction between THC, THCV, CBN, CBD and the other cannabinoids are also of medical benefit. The optimum levels of each are heavily debated and personally I don't believe that debate will ever end. For me, again personally, I strongly believe I do not get a benefit solely from the THC nor the CBD nor the CBN, I get the benefit from the interaction between all of these compounds. This is known as the Entourage effect. But the science, the proof, behind that fact is very much in it's infancy. They haven't figured out all the systems the cannabinoids interact with within the body and how they interact. So in many cases the scientific proof our govt wants just isn't known conclusively. Does it work? HELL YEA. Is there a benefit to patients? HELL YEA. Where's the proof?..... .....The proof is mostly anecdotal, personal experiences of individuals. Not the double blind test the scientists need nor the govt want. And THAT is the problem. Many of these interactions have been studied overseas, but due to government restrictions, bugger all testing has been done here in Australia.

Now, in the U.S there are test kits available to be able to test for the levels of certain Cannabinoids. I have not heard of such test kits being available here in Oz. For a mate of a mate to be saying 'High CBD' via breeding without having access to some pretty high tech equipment or these test kits, I'd be seriously question their evidence. Now, there is a high CBD ration plant called Charlotte's Web, so breeding from this strain to further increase CBD levels may well be possible, I don't know. But I'd reckon you'd be needing some pretty serious biological chemistry qualifications to be breeding such plants with any sort of surety you were in fact increasing a specific cannabinoid.

OK, so the other side of this is benefit. If an individual is receiving a benefit scientifically proven or not, WHO CARES??? It works. That's enough for me. I don't care which cannabinoid is interacting with which cells from which organ. I DON"T GIVE A SHIT. IT WORKS FOR ME!!!! it may not work the same for the next bloke, it may not have the same benefits. Selfishly on my part, I don't care, but for me, ahhh relief and that's ALL I want. If this is where you are at for your child, you fuckin go for it. BUT some unscrupulous people will also prey on people wanting an alternative to the conventional meds. Years ago they used to Call them "Snake Oil Salesman". 'CBD' oil is the buzz word at the moment. 'OHH yea, it's real high in CBD'. Christ, they'll sell you anything if you believe. I have seen canna oil made from a mix of canna and lawn clippings. Hence now I make my own oil from my own grows, at least that way I'm sure what has gone into it is quality.

So without some sort of proof, I'd be questioning, that's for bloody sure.

So be aware. There are many "Snake Oil Salesman" out there.

But if you or your child are getting a benefit from it, high CBD or not, it does not matter. Just don't be paying shitloads to "Snake Oil Salesman" if they can't prove it.

Merl1n

Thanks for the advice and you're right I don't have anything to go on other than this guys word and the fact that it seems to have the effect described from CBD rich strains. I've also always agreed that all of the compounds work best in conjunction with one another and I was once reading optimal levels are something like 4% THC to 15% CBD.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I don't know, i would rather have that than some mass produced, pesticide soaked, paclo cancer inducing bud

Yeah me too, don't get me wrong these buds are awesome. It's just there's certain things I can't control until harvest like how well the buds get manicured and how long I allow them to mature.