Stumbling blocks in the path to using medical cannabis

fishwyfe

Question

My introduction in brief: I have been cannoned into the marijuana debate by the abject failure of modern medicine to meet the needs of a couple of elderly relatives.

I can see how the legislation allowing limited access to medical marijuana is a sham, purporting to do one thing while at the same time building in restrictions that as near as anything make sure nothing changes.

I don't know who initiated the push for a more liberal legislation, but the result must be disappointing. Perhaps single-purpose legislation to do just one thing: legalise the import and sale of low THC content cannabis extract should have been the goal. Just imagine the advances that could potentially ensue! Really, what possible opposition could there be to selling a non-addictive, non-psychoactive healthy plant oil.

On the topic of making your own extract, I think for most city dwellers this just isn't going to be practical. Let's take one step: evaporating the solvent after extracting the oils. If you set up a rice cooker in the draught of a fan, aren't all your neighbours going to know something's cooking at your house, and it's not dinner!!

Just someone walking past on the footpath outside will smell weed, surely? Not to mention the dog in the back of a police van 2 streets away!

I hope to stay around and learn a lot from you experts. :)

• Upvote 2

nice one sugar. what is the dosage like for that ratio?

Thanks Ford :)

I have used the lowest recommended (from sweet sue)  treatment dose ratio of 1:20 - that being 1 part of extracted cannabis oil added to 15 parts virgin organic coconut oil (gently and just melted) and 5 parts of sunflower liquid Lecithin oil

I believe there are different oils to be used to bypass the action of the digestive system and the liver and also depending on whether the cancer (or other illness) to be treated is an estrogen based one (eg breast cancer) ...now I'm not sure of this but apparently you shouldn't use one type of carrier oil ...one needs to research further depending on needs. we are all different! - (edit- ok,, I read it was to avoid Flaxseed oil as a carrier oil with Cannabis oil for estrogen cancers but I don't know why!!)

Thanks for asking and interest there Ford :)

edit - ps: I just realised Ford that I might have misunderstood your question there :)

I advised my step dad to take 1 capsule (1:20) at night, 1 hour before  bed.and that he might expect a wobbly boot and head is a shed for a bit and take water to bed. If after an hour or two take another one until yer done! :D

I also advised my step dad and friends, that the oil exacerbates the effects of alcohol. It is generally understood under the 'drug driving' laws that 12 hours since last smoke (eg active thc, capsule etc) is the gold standard as a defence at court and NEVER just pay the ticket!

I was a first oil timer and gutsed 5 capsules down waiting for an effect lol lol lol ...yeah got an effect alright! lambasted on the floor (bed) :)

Edited by Sugar