Nutrients

Ok so I'm on my second outdoor grow. Last year I did ok, I used Dutch masters gold for nutrients watered down to about a quarter of what the bottle says and grew in a potting mix perlite mix.

This year I have tried to steer away from the hydroponic nutrients I used last year and have used organic soil mix from my local garden supplies, mixed with perlite and a little dynamic lifter. I have fed with a light mix of power feed for tomatoes and vegetables.

My babies are doing quite well, I'm certainly happy with them.

My question is what damn nutrients are easy to use to get great results for bloom? Been doing plenty of research and there are different answers everywhere.

1. I don't know where to locate 'worm castings' in Victoria (would be handy to know next year for my soil mix)

2. What potash to use? There are about 40 different types and good old Bunnings.

3. Should I just stick to the Dutch masters dilute that I used last year?

Please help!

Chinkparty

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

Ok so I'm on my second outdoor grow. Last year I did ok, I used Dutch masters gold for nutrients watered down to about a quarter of what the bottle says and grew in a potting mix perlite mix.

This year I have tried to steer away from the hydroponic nutrients I used last year and have used organic soil mix from my local garden supplies, mixed with perlite and a little dynamic lifter. I have fed with a light mix of power feed for tomatoes and vegetables.

My babies are doing quite well, I'm certainly happy with them.

My question is what damn nutrients are easy to use to get great results for bloom? Been doing plenty of research and there are different answers everywhere.

1. I don't know where to locate 'worm castings' in Victoria (would be handy to know next year for my soil mix)

2. What potash to use? There are about 40 different types and good old Bunnings.

3. Should I just stick to the Dutch masters dilute that I used last year?

Please help!

Chinkparty

You can buy worm castings from any decent nursery.

Bunnings sell potash and you can also use the purple powerfeed which is designed for fruiting and flowers.

If your comfortable using Dutch master, use it BUT imo, using synthetic fertilizer and potting mix isn't an ideal mix. I would be going organic if your using a perlite/potting mix substrate, buts that's me. Synthetic fertilizers are overpriced imo and you will get a much better product if you stick to outdoor organic.

You can buy worm castings from any decent nursery.

Bunnings sell potash and you can also use the purple powerfeed which is designed for fruiting and flowers.

If your comfortable using Dutch master, use it BUT imo, using synthetic fertilizer and potting mix isn't an ideal mix. I would be going organic if your using a perlite/potting mix substrate, buts that's me. Synthetic fertilizers are overpriced imo and you will get a much better product if you stick to outdoor organic.

Isn't the purple power feed a little high in nitrogen for flowering cannabis?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile appIsn't the purple power feed a little high in nitrogen for flowering cannabis?

I guess it kind of depends on your school of thought....

I find that most growers don't use any nitrogen during flowering. On the other hand, I like to keep feeding nitrogen and upping the phosphorous. It works for me but others will disagree I'm sure. I like to maintain super plant health late into flower to reduce chances of mold and plant infection but each to their own.

I guess it kind of depends on your school of thought....

I find that most growers don't use any nitrogen during flowering. On the other hand, I like to keep feeding nitrogen and upping the phosphorous. It works for me but others will disagree I'm sure. I like to maintain super plant health late into flower to reduce chances of mold and plant infection but each to their own.

Yeah fair enough, just everything else I've read and heard says to pretty much cut out nitrogen when it starts flowering.

So I'm a little skeptical on the purple power feed. Will certainly try get some worm castings pot ash and maybe some oyster shell for the calcium boost

Plants use nitrogen during flower, so cutting out all nitrogen doesn't make sense to me except if your soil already has ample nitrogen present. Edited by reginald blumenfield