What are some Aussie strains?

Lots of cannabis breeding happens in Oz from individuals to backyard pollen chuckers like SSS and Dinkum seeds etc right through to the real deal old school breeders like Nevil, Kangativa, Wally Duck, SPC, Fet, Shanti, etc. There are lots of Oz breeders working o/seas as well. Australians are world leaders in cannabis breeding (including hemp) and have been for many many years.  This will become common public knowledge once the laws change and people can be more open about it. Till then......

:peace: Mongyman

• Upvote 4

Lots of cannabis breeding happens in Oz from individuals to backyard pollen chuckers like SSS and Dinkum seeds etc right through to the real deal old school breeders like Nevil, Kangativa, Wally Duck, SPC, Fet, Shanti, etc. There are lots of Oz breeders working o/seas as well. Australians are world leaders in cannabis breeding (including hemp) and have been for many many years. This will become common public knowledge once the laws change and people can be more open about it. Till then......

:peace: Mongyman

Well said .....people dont realise ....herb is the quality it is because of Australians

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 4

.....people dont realise ....herb is the quality it is because of Australians

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Exactly cardrona.....there are plenty of oz bred genetics in 'seed bank' strains that are now 'from overseas' lol and a shit load more in private hands....Australian 'bag seed' has been one of the best gene pools on the planet for breeders to work with and they have.

Australian breeders give the world strains and genetics like the Spice Brothers strains, the Celtic Stone strains, SPC genetics, SSS strains, Mullum madness, Bronze Whaler, Great White Shark, Cannabis Australis, Ducksfoot, and lots more, from equatorial sativa genetics to southern snow region genetics and everything in between.

While the rest of the world seems to be breeding everything OG (Original Generic I'm guessing that means from the 'OG' strains I've played with lol ) Australian's have been growing and breeding the pick of the best of the worlds cannabis gene pools including a few gene pools unique to Australia and they have done it well.  And we don't have low THC wild hemp 'ditchweed'. The only wild hemp stands in Australia were eradicated by the gov years ago (the hunter valley crop for eg). and they were all high THC sativas anyway that were selectively bred from in private hands before they were 'eradicated'.

As I said.....

This will become common public knowledge once the laws change and people can be more open about it. Till then......

:peace: MongyMan

• Upvote 4

I remember when i first signed up to Oz Stoners back in 04 there was a lot of talk about the Celtic Stone Strains. I was lucky enough to of been able to grow out a few Celtic Berry plants and it was one of the nicest strains i had ever had.

I just went through some old photos from back then and found some pics of my Celtic Berry.

post-59652-0-42667400-1498892110_thumb.jpgpost-59652-0-35094500-1498892379_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Can any one remember back around the early 80's there was a mango strain going around? Still to this day i have never had or smelt anything like it, it smelt like very ripe mango. Would love to know more about it.

While going through some old pics i found some some photo's of Polaroids i took if the mango back in the 80's. Didn't have digital cameras back then so if you wanted to takes pics of your grows you had to get the film developed down at the chemist but was risky when you had rolls and rolls of pictures of cannabis you could get into trouble very easy lol

Loved the old Polaroid instant camera :)

post-59652-0-20054200-1498902834_thumb.jpgpost-59652-0-38067500-1498902890_thumb.jpgpost-59652-0-53026000-1498902913_thumb.jpgpost-59652-0-81290100-1498902950_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Can any one remember back around the early 80's there was a mango strain going around? Still to this day i have never had or smelt anything like it, it smelt like very ripe mango. Would love to know more about it.

While going through some old pics i found some some photo's of Polaroids i took if the mango back in the 80's. Didn't have digital cameras back then so if you wanted to takes pics of your grows you had to get the film developed down at the chemist but was risky when you had rolls and rolls of pictures of cannabis you could get into trouble very easy lol

Loved the old Polaroid instant camera :)

attachicon.gifMango.jpgattachicon.gifMango 3.jpgattachicon.gifMango 1.jpgattachicon.gifMango 2.jpg

I remember a mango strain that grew massive outdoors and 1-2 bonghits would put ya in a bad way.

tasted real mango like and was light green bud , dark leaves and orange hairs.

outdoors mango buds were better than any hydro at the time.

late 90s.

• Upvote 1