cheap hydro set up for a newbie

quigs

Thanks Ford Fairlane im looking at the site now, kinda nervous though because you mentioned knock offs :/

Fair enough, I don't know anyone who has had a complete run with them. After talking to the shop, apprently they get them made up, in China obviously. They told me they run hotter than they would like them to and have mk 2 version out now with longer fins and more space for air to Dissapate, so are selling off the mk1 versions cheap. So you are right to be nervous. I just thought I would let you know since lec was mentioned along with you being on a budget. It would be prudent and sensible to stick with a known brand. If i were in your position i would probably get a cheapish magnetic balast and an excelent fan and filter, then save for a better quality balast down the track.

If you went for the conversion kit you would also need to get shade.

Thanks carnage

Stix87 out of curiosity how much does your mate yield per grow and does he use coco/soil or is it a DWC?

Anyone know of a reliable hydro in VIC that would sell an LEC?

Pretty sure pakenham hydroponics stock them and those dude a great to deal with [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app