church of ubuntu busted with plants in newcastle

this is the only cannabis we will ever be allowed to have access to and you will pay big dollars.

http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/169798/zelda-therapeutics-shares-climb-following-medical-cannabis-proof-of-concept-study-169798.html

every aliment will have a slightly different THC, CDB, etc formula and each one will have a patent.

any weed you grow that has any of the components in the patent will be a breach of copyright and even if they decriminalise it they will still go after you for breach of copyright.

we are never going to be legal, get over it.

grow your own and keep your mouth shut.

• Upvote 2

Take my ramblings with a grain of salt please.

Cannabis is finally gaining momentum in Oz.... Slowly.

i, personally, live a regular life, in full time employment. Grow enough herb to support my requirements (generally).

It seems that every time I see a story regarding medicinal providers being busted.... The cnuts look like your stereo typical fucken bong toting hippy !!! ???

Too harsh. Don't know, whatever. But I just think, if you want to flaunt it, appear professional and gain some more respect from me and Mrs Citizen, you could at least cut ya fucken hair, dress in business attire for a director type position.

Hell, just appear somewhat professional, not renting some back alley, ex night club looking joint... Ffs, it just confirms mr. Citizens suspicions and bullshit that they are just stoner drug dealers....

Medicinal cannabis in Oz needs a poster boy or girl.

A ridiculously good looking male or female, with cancer or similar or with a friend or family member suffering.

Gaining popularity is easier without dodgy old cnuts at the forefront.

Flame me as you will ;)

Edited by billygoat
  • Upvote 3

i, personally, live a regular life, in full time employment. Grow enough herb to support my requirements (generally).

It seems that every time I see a story regarding medicinal providers being busted.... The cnuts look like your stereo typical fucken bong toting hippy !!! ???

Too harsh. Don't know, whatever. But I just think, if you want to flaunt it, appear professional and gain some more respect from me and Mrs Citizen, you could at least cut ya fucken hair, dress in business attire for a director type position.

Hell, just appear somewhat professional, not renting some back alley, ex night club looking joint... Ffs, it just confirms mr. Citizens suspicions and bullshit that they are just stoner drug dealers....

A ridiculously good looking male or female, with cancer or similar or with a friend or family member suffering.

Flame me as you will ;)

I agree, as I have mentioned recently it just takes one clown to set back the medical mj movement.

We don't want to make their jobs any easier then possible. Media loves to jump on these things.

​Stereotypes are strong, public image and savvy advertising goes a long way. It doesn't take much as well.

Researchers and scientist are doing a great job relatively speaking. Fair few trials that I am aware of.

Catalyst has done some great topics regarding palliative pain relief trials in Sydney or Melbourne I think, as well as dementia research (not CVA/vascular dementia) which has had astounding results.

In some ways I hate the trials as we have all the info we need and are wasting precious time, but beurocracy being what it is, we have to work within a screwed up framework which is time consuming while many people are suffering here and now. Stop testing it on rats with a aging populace we really need better medication with less side effects then what is available.

Also there is a fair few oldies in their 70's that are very interested in the latest developments regarding medical MJ.

Also it would be great for a group of sympathetic solicitors and barristers to give legal guidance and protection, for legitimate groups/businesses. Its hard to make the ins and outs of how to go about it legally.

As my granddad used to tell me, if your going to do a job do it good and be smart about or else your going to be running around in circles chasing your own tail and end up no where.

I don't like that big pharma will monopolise on this, but its better then nothing at all. At least for those that are straight as straight can be will be more inclined to trial it. And if they do it right patients can get the perfect ratio for what they need.

I think there is a spray, a ointment and a tablet currently.

Marijuana plants are going to be around no matter what, but I think these days if you do get backing from a doctor when push comes to shove with the cops, at least you have more fire power to back up your consumption etc

• Upvote 2

You’ve pretty much summed up the issues here in Australia (In my opinion).

We’ve got a group of people whom have been ‘fighting’ for medical use for years (Nimbin). They have been unsuccessful in their fight yet are not willing to step aside to let others ‘have a go’.  Hell they wont let ‘outsiders’ enter their Mardigrass cannabis cup… hence starting our own canna cup… but I digress (our grows would kick their arses to Brissy and back :) )

Katalaris took the Nimbin-way of thinking to Newcastle, same personalities (yet not the same people) running the “Church”.

These personalities are generally anti-vacanation, pro-homeopathy, and belive facebook memes are fact without researching for themselves.

Antidotal evidence ie: people saying canna cured their cancer - is NOT evidence that cannabis works, especially when you keep records like Katalaris n crew. 

Dan Haslam was the perfect poster child for medical cannabis, then Lucy got involved with profit-driven people… the people she hooked-up with, started to see the potential for profits, bought a farm to grow on (did they actually go threw with it?) aaaand medical cannabis took a step back. I feel Lucy got shafted.

There is an ex cop, Damien Adams, he came out on a catalyst episode a few years back. He is one of those people who should be the face for our fight…. clean-cut ex cop uses cannabis to stop his pain meds, though coming out for him meant he was ‘penalized’ at uni (doing undergrad in Education) for being a user… tho he’s not as vocal as he once was. 

Coral Reefer did an interview with him last mardigrass - it's on youtube somewhere

Flame me as you will ;)

I agree, as I have mentioned recently it just takes one clown to set back the medical mj movement.

We don't want to make their jobs any easier then possible. Media loves to jump on these things.
​Stereotypes are strong, public image and savvy advertising goes a long way. It doesn't take much as well.

Researchers and scientist are doing a great job relatively speaking. Fair few trials that I am aware of.

Catalyst has done some great topics regarding palliative pain relief trials in Sydney or Melbourne I think, as well as dementia research (not CVA/vascular dementia) which has had astounding results.

In some ways I hate the trials as we have all the info we need and are wasting precious time, but beurocracy being what it is, we have to work within a screwed up framework which is time consuming while many people are suffering here and now. Stop testing it on rats with a aging populace we really need better medication with less side effects then what is available.

Also there is a fair few oldies in their 70's that are very interested in the latest developments regarding medical MJ.

Also it would be great for a group of sympathetic solicitors and barristers to give legal guidance and protection, for legitimate groups/businesses. Its hard to make the ins and outs of how to go about it legally.

As my granddad used to tell me, if your going to do a job do it good and be smart about or else your going to be running around in circles chasing your own tail and end up no where.

I don't like that big pharma will monopolise on this, but its better then nothing at all. At least for those that are straight as straight can be will be more inclined to trial it. And if they do it right patients can get the perfect ratio for what they need.

I think there is a spray, a ointment and a tablet currently.

Marijuana plants are going to be around no matter what, but I think these days if you do get backing from a doctor when push comes to shove with the cops, at least you have more fire power to back up your consumption etc

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 2

You’ve pretty much summed up the issues here in Australia (In my opinion).

We’ve got a group of people whom have been ‘fighting’ for medical use for years (Nimbin). They have been unsuccessful in their fight yet are not willing to step aside to let others ‘have a go’.  Hell they wont let ‘outsiders’ enter their Mardigrass cannabis cup… hence starting our own canna cup… but I digress (our grows would kick their arses to Brissy and back :) )

Katalaris took the Nimbin-way of thinking to Newcastle, same personalities (yet not the same people) running the “Church”.

These personalities are generally anti-vacanation, pro-homeopathy, and belive facebook memes are fact without researching for themselves.

Antidotal evidence ie: people saying canna cured their cancer - is NOT evidence that cannabis works, especially when you keep records like Katalaris n crew. 

Dan Haslam was the perfect poster child for medical cannabis, then Lucy got involved with profit-driven people… the people she hooked-up with, started to see the potential for profits, bought a farm to grow on (did they actually go threw with it?) aaaand medical cannabis took a step back. I feel Lucy got shafted.

There is an ex cop, Damien Adams, he came out on a catalyst episode a few years back. He is one of those people who should be the face for our fight…. clean-cut ex cop uses cannabis to stop his pain meds, though coming out for him meant he was ‘penalized’ at uni (doing undergrad in Education) for being a user… tho he’s not as vocal as he once was. 

Coral Reefer did an interview with him last mardigrass - it's on youtube somewhere

Damon Adams is still active within that side of the community of things. But, you are right we don't need the Nimbin way of activism to advance the cause further. Like prohibition, they have had there go and have been unsuccessful.