Did anyone see Meet the Press? Theres a bit discussing marijuana..

BOB BROWN: No, we don’t. Let me just talk about Family First. It's an un-Christian group. It seems to be motivated by hate. It has been talking to the PM about how to get extra representation in the parliament because the PM wants to use Family First to get control of the Senate. Through its preferences or if Family First senators are elected, he can get total control of the Parliament, including the Senate. Coming back on to the drugs policy, Family First was asked about that in Tasmania this week and doesn't have one. That's a sign of a party that's covering up a lot. The Greens policies…

PAUL BONGIORNO: But the point…

BOB BROWN: ..are to minimise the harm to young Australians. We have a death toll of one young Australian per day on average at the moment.

PAUL BONGIORNO: But doesn't Family First’s objections come down to the fact that your policy would have marijuana sold over the counter?

BOB BROWN: Well, no, it doesn't. It comes down to the hard drugs problem where we're seeing a death toll. That's not coming out of marijuana - the biggest death toll in Australia, by the way…

PAUL BONGIORNO: But you do have that view on marijuana, don't you?

BOB BROWN: No, I don't have that view.

PAUL BONGIORNO: Well, your party does.

BOB BROWN: Of decriminalising. That's very different to the legalising…

JENNIFER HEWITT: I guess it is controlled availability in appropriate venues. What's the difference?

BOB BROWN: That's right. That is harm minimisation, but this is not legalising as Family First would have it. Let me just say this - the prohibitio…

Full transcript here ...