Ph troubles

Evo13

I have moved my set up into town with town water! The tiwn water has a ph of 7•6 and i check and adjust 2-3 times a day at the moment!

I adjust it to 5•8 and within 6 hrs it will rise again to about 6•8!

This is a recirculating system and at the moment the ph rises without me topping up!

My last grow was on bore water with a ph of about 5•3 but once i adjusted it to 5•8 it would maintain its ph unless i was topping up!

Now is this problem with town water common or have i done something wrong?

Evo13

I have moved my set up into town with town water! The tiwn water has a ph of 7•6 and i check and adjust 2-3 times a day at the moment!

I adjust it to 5•8 and within 6 hrs it will rise again to about 6•8!

This is a recirculating system and at the moment the ph rises without me topping up!

My last grow was on bore water with a ph of about 5•3 but once i adjusted it to 5•8 it would maintain its ph unless i was topping up!

Now is this problem with town water common or have i done something wrong?

Evo13

Atm im using canna clasic but i am about to change to advance nuts general hydroponics trio!

Evo13

Hey Evo,

I had a similar issue when I moved from town supply to country and I'm in recirc too. I couldn't get to my setup during the day, due to work commitments. So I was adjusting twice a day, morning and night. With a change in job, a change in water and a change/alteration of my setup things settled down a bit and I only had to test and adjust once/day. I found that even by adjusting to 5.8, after just one watering cycle the pH went haywire. But if I left it at the 'haywire' level and didn't adjust it would pretty much stay at that level and did not seem to have a great negative effect. Now I maintain that 'once a day' test and adjust and all seems fine. Trying to micromanage my setup and adjust for every little change caused more headfucks. Now I set and forget, till tomorrow.

Edit: Do you flush/replace your recirc system fluids regularly?

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Hey Evo,

I had a similar issue when I moved from town supply to country and I'm in recirc too. I couldn't get to my setup during the day, due to work commitments. So I was adjusting twice a day, morning and night. With a change in job, a change in water and a change/alteration of my setup things settled down a bit and I only had to test and adjust once/day. I found that even by adjusting to 5.8, after just one watering cycle the pH went haywire. But if I left it at the 'haywire' level and didn't adjust it would pretty much stay at that level and did not seem to have a great negative effect. Now I maintain that 'once a day' test and adjust and all seems fine. Trying to micromanage my setup and adjust for every little change caused more headfucks. Now I set and forget, till tomorrow.

Edit: Do you flush/replace your recirc system fluids regularly?

Merl1n

I flush aprox every 2 weeks atm!

With my last grow i only flushed 3 times over the whole grow!

My plants look awesome so i might try backing off to once a day again!

Thank u for the feedback

Evo13