Reggie's 16/17

hey reg 

just a thought , maybe pop in to a $2 shop & get some big screw in hooks 

you can screw a bunch in the fence for tie points when things get " Heavy Man "

being your close to the ground , you won't be breaking any branches i would have thought

but you might have heavy buds lying on ya straw or whatever 

you could use tying to bamboo stakes but the stakes can cause some damage to eyes 

your eyes can loose the stake while working round the plants making it easy to poke yourself

in the eye as you bend down , if you do use stakes , stick something on the top of them to make them

easier to see  

hey reg

just a thought , maybe pop in to a $2 shop & get some big screw in hooks

you can screw a bunch in the fence for tie points when things get " Heavy Man "

being your close to the ground , you won't be breaking any branches i would have thought

but you might have heavy buds lying on ya straw or whatever

you could use tying to bamboo stakes but the stakes can cause some damage to eyes

your eyes can loose the stake while working round the plants making it easy to poke yourself

in the eye as you bend down , if you do use stakes , stick something on the top of them to make them

easier to see

If you look closely in the last two pics, you will spot a slightly rusted cup(didn't remove from last year) hook in each pic :)

I usually use steel stakes and if I got a dollar for every time I nailed myself in the head, knee and feet with those things. Mostly when I'm baked so I guess it's partially self inflicted haha

Edited by reginald blumenfield
  • Upvote 1

In last yrs grow page 6- post #51 it's a bit easier to spot the cup hooks holding up the net on pine express.

It's a good point for other growers. I'm sometimes lazy in that I don't document everything thing I do put I believe in a picture tells a 1000words. I've was always been more of a picture book kinda guy

Edited by reginald blumenfield

see how leaves facing/reaching UPwards? 

my two in pots do this, my two in ground dont.

I am thinking the pots are able to dry out more, the soil is very much clay in the ground, though i dug holes and made a better mix for the plants. but I wonder if deep down there is a pool of water.

You reckon they start reaching when lots of dry soil? I always think it looks very healthy.

• Upvote 1

I am thinking the pots are able to dry out more, the soil is very much clay in the ground, though i dug holes and made a better mix for the plants. but I wonder if deep down there is a pool of water.

You reckon they start reaching when lots of dry soil? I always think it looks very healthy.

TBH, I think that the leaves face upwards when they have just enough water(turgid cells) and are facing the sun. When they are droopy it can be a sign that they are lacking water or have too much water imo. Clay particles are very small and they trap water inside the matrix, making it hard for the plants to use it. I've grown in heavy clay soils before and I was only able to dig 2-3 holes per day because the soil needed to be really broken up mechanically and with gypsum before any successful planting could begin. Edited by reginald blumenfield

I've noticed that leaves also droop when their sleeping or in super hot sun so it's important to take that into consideration when making your decision.