Reggie's 16/17

look good mate, but seem like you have a long way to go to reach the lofty heights of your 2015/16 grow, those plants were huge. Would you say your behind?

few growers i know are quite a bit behind this year, not sure if its been the weather or just everyone hasnt quite got their acts together.

look good mate, but seem like you have a long way to go to reach the lofty heights of your 2015/16 grow, those plants were huge. Would you say your behind?

few growers i know are quite a bit behind this year, not sure if its been the weather or just everyone hasnt quite got their acts together.

If you pay close attention to my previous documented outdoor grows, you will see that I try to keep my plants as short as possible. Its not desirable to have plants towering over my fenceline and I would much rather have them lower to the ground. 15/16 season they weren't as tall as 14/15 season and im hoping these will be shorter once again. My plants might look smaller than last year to the untrained eye, but that might be due to different LST techniques. Im confident il get the same or slightly more flowers than last yr

If I were to grow xmas tree style like many of the noob growers, I could easily grow a 8-10+ft plant but again, this is not my intention. Short and scrog is my style as its a much better use of the space Im working with.

You've got a few more weeks of veg, and a few weeks of stretch, with nicely established and trained plants.  I'm seeing big potential, and I know from last year that you grow healthy plants, so I reckon you're on the money reggie :thumbsup:

I would love to grow a 3 metre + xmas tree plant, but short of having remote private land it's just not the sensible option, they do look cool though.

• Upvote 1

If you pay close attention to my previous documented outdoor grows, you will see that I try to keep my plants as short as possible. Its not desirable to have plants towering over my fenceline and I would much rather have them lower to the ground. 15/16 season they weren't as tall as 14/15 season and im hoping these will be shorter once again. My plants might look smaller than last year to the untrained eye, but that might be due to different LST techniques. Im confident il get the same or slightly more flowers than last yr

If I were to grow xmas tree style like many of the noob growers, I could easily grow a 8-10+ft plant but again, this is not my intention. Short and scrog is my style as its a much better use of the space Im working with.

Wasnt meant as a dig. Many growers i know with many years under their belt are telling me they are quite a bit behind this year because of a cooler than normal spring, was wondering if you thought the same. Im only on my 2nd year so hard to say for me, i am behind on last year but i think mine is more human error than weather.

Edited by gmturner

You've got a few more weeks of veg, and a few weeks of stretch, with nicely established and trained plants.  I'm seeing big potential, and I know from last year that you grow healthy plants, so I reckon you're on the money reggie :thumbsup:I would love to grow a 3 metre + xmas tree plant, but short of having remote private land it's just not the sensible option, they do look cool though.

Appreciate the kind words SPH! I'm also anticipating that these girls will put on a lot more size in the coming months.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to grow a massive Christmas tree but like yourself, not practical. I've only had the pleasure of admiring friends XL Christmas trees but I've never been blessed to have the acreage to do so.