Catalyst ABC, Tuesday 1 Nov

OK, so to get this post back on subject (less the insults) here's a link.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-01/ways-medicinal-cannabis-might-be-good-for-you/7979426?section=science

Subjects include "Can cannabis benefit child epilepsy?"

"Can CBD treat adults with epilepsy?"

"Cannabis and Alzheimer's Disease"

"Cannabis and pain reduction"

"Meet trial candidates and learn more about the promise of the "wonder weed" on Catalyst tonight on ABC TV at 8pm"

I'll be watching, that's for sure.

cheers. top job![emoji106],

thats all i was basically asking for when the bloke first put it up..

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners mobile app

i still dont get the objection people have with THC making you feel good.

its as if people are saying anythings that makes life a bit better is bad for you.

in my youth the popular expression for people like that was "Wowsers"

my dad used to say the temperance movement were a bunch of Wowsers because they were against people having a drink.

they used to hang around outside the pubs and try and get people to take the "pledge".

we havent got very far, there are still people who hate to see others having a good time.

and most of those those people are the shit hot christians that rule the Liberal Party of Australia.

the only thing that gives them a 'hard on' is money

and thats OK because if your rich that means Gods pleased with you and you've been rewarded for doing the right thing.

bollocks of course but thats the Calvinist ideology

if you ever get time read Max Weber's The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism.

you get a real insight into why these bastards are so against the weed

rant over  :pardon: 

• Upvote 3

Hey people

Well, I don't think there was anything new there (well not to us anyway) and although there was the neigh Sayers "Ohh THC is bad" they did show both sides where people get a benefit from the THC content. Personally I am a very strong believer in the fact that it ain't solely the THC that gives the benefit but the interaction between all the components. The big plus in this story is that it is being talked about more openly now. They showed the benefits to a whole range of people and ailments from children with epilepsy to the elderly with dementia AND PAIN MANAGEMENT. Now we need to get the main stream Dr's and the AMA to accept the benefits. The medical profession repeated state that they need random double blind trials and want to quantify therapeutic dosages and this is where I see the systems falling apart. We all know that the effect from one plant to another can have vastly differing effects, so to be able to '...quantify therapeutic dosages...' big pharma is going to take over and that's what we DON'T want. Also I am very perplexed as to why the Australian government needs to redo the science to prove what has already been scientifically proven elsewhere in the world, this "reinventing the wheel" is just going to slow the whole process down. We need them to accept the science and move on.

But at least they are talking about it and not just accepting the paradigm of "the evil weed". And that's a plus.

Merl1n

• Upvote 2

The 90% THC remark also had me screaming "bullshit" at the TV, and having people who manipulate figures to come up with statements like that is disappointing and worrying.  But at least there seemed to be acceptance that THC can do good, and I found it encouraging that they are also looking into all the other more obscure cannabinoids.

Not at all surprised to hear doctors commenting about double blind trials and dosage recommendations etc, as the medical community has become enslaved and basically owned by big pharma, and pharma wants a version of medicinal canna which is in manufactured forms only, that are owned by them, and with no competition allowed from raw canna.  It's blatantly obvious to me that the Australian legislation is solely designed to allow only that path in this country, and it would be extremely cynical of me to suggest that maybe political donations and "jobs for the boys" (see corruption) from American Pharma companies had anything to do with the Federal Legislation passed recently.

For some people, a pharma form of isolated cannabinoids will be the best medicinal solution, for others a more natural form, whether raw buds or a form of refined concentrate, will be the most beneficial.  Until that can be accepted by the powers that be, and the medical community, it's going to be hard to make any real progress on the non pharma front.  For the foreseeable future though, it's starting to look like Aus might become the trial country for pharma to experiment with profitability with their products.  Sad to say that there's a part of me that hopes it fails miserably, as if successful, I see the progress made in parts of the USA getting demolished in favour of pharma only.  Big money likes complete control of all markets.

Was also disappointed that there was no mention of turpenes, and their medical effects and interactions with canna.

I shall finish off with an opinion I strongly believe.  Until cannabis is legalised on a widespread basis for recreational use, real medicinal cannabis advances are going to struggle to happen.  I base this on simple economics, which is what seems to be driving things at the moment, and we all know that the biggest canna market, by a massive margin, is recreational.  You've only got to look at places in the USA where med only is legal to see the effect in clear action.

:peace:

• Upvote 2

Anyone notice the lambert crop ?i think that same crop was on another show a few weeks ago.

I hope their not paying grower in charge too much cause that mouldy shit was crud.

Dead and mouldy looks like a lot of inexperience

Someone has not done their homework here, or straight out didn't know they were doing.

Considering the budget the lambert initiative is on that crop is a piece of shit!

But when your sole objective is to find a cannabinoid that no one else has yet it's starting to smell like big pharma money spin.

Mr lambert if you want some real help gimme a call cause I know I could blow your current efforts right out of the water!