Need help with the ladies. Possible Pythium?

Hey EO.

The roots on that cube look ok ,

Pithium rots them from a yellowy to brown colour ,

Your stem could be dabbed with anything that kills mould

I had to use peroxide but it was so long ago I cannot remember the dilution rate I'd Google around on that if I were you

Unless someone else can tell you. But definitely use it.

I wouldn't worry too much just keep your roots moist not wet , and not too cold. And keep those gnats at bay with extra sticky

Things down where your medium is , gnats will bring in pithium

Hopefully the plant will get through this and kick on

SE

Thankyou for the info mate!! :egyptdance: 

I will google some things.

Ive also read that its not toxic to your plants and you can mix up to 50/50 soloutions to spray your plant? I wont be going that drastic though.

From what ive read I might do a 1:10 in a 1L wateriing can might do? 2:10 if its needs more.

Or do you think a once a week diluted H202 stem dab might do the trick?

Ill keep some yellow sticky cards on hand. Would it helped if I top dress her with fine sand or clay balls or would the gnats still get in and lay eggs?

Also the first picture is not my plant in the cube!!! I used that pic as a reference until I got my own. Ive uploaded pics of my plant since!

Doesn't the cotyledon have food reserve for the seedling ?

Or it's something like that ,?

Yeah that they do mate. I think he was watching too many videos about ''Lollipopping'' which is cutting a lot of bottom growth off your plant before it goes into flower to send its energy to the top  canopy buds and not waste time on the popcorn buds at the bottom.

I think it was just a misinterpretation on his part. 

Edited by Elbling0

I'd plant some more seeds, get some decent medium, and start again. Looks crap for 36 days.

Yepp your telling me.

Have another one going out the back just in some seed starter soil and a large red cup. Hell get transplanted into a Soil, compost Perlite mix in the next week or 2 depending on growth.

Well see how he goes.

Yeh mate do what Billy said , more seeds.

If they're only bag seed and you have enough its worth chucking in extra and keeping the best

If the leaves are looking better then wait a few days and see how she goes

By doing too many things at once you might miss what solved the problem

Yeah ill start doing that. This ones obviously not going to be the winner.

Got one going out the back, 3 days old. Hopefully all goes well with a bit of TLC.

AS for the plant out the back only thing ive done thus far is a small flush. Havent let anything else touch it except for freshwater.

Going to do a H202 dab on the infected part of stem tomorrow and water with a dilute soloution.

Should update this thread in a few days with progress

its probably a fungal infection from the soil.

where did you get the soil?

anyway anti fungal treatments are available. i did read that Hydrogen Peroxide can be used but not for seedlings, probably too strong.

looking at your photo, i think you may have to prepare yourself for the worst. 

if you have to start again, junk all the soil and containers and disinfect the grow area properly.

I have used hydrogen peroxide before for sterilization of my setup prior to planting.

IT IS VERY DANGEROUS SHIT, wear THICK rubber gloves, not surgical gloves, cos it burns skin BAD!!! and not a burn like a hot ember but a chemical burn, may look ok externally but under the skin surface it damages the nerves and by Christ it is painful, so be very F%$#in careful. Put it this way, I'll never use it again. I learnt the hard way.

You've been given some good advise above. Start again and if you do decide to use it, not on seedlings.

Seedlings are babies, they need to be nurtured, not beaten into submission. Using peroxide on seedlings is equivalent to disciplining a newborn with a baseball bat IMO.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n