Cloner advice

Cheers all.

To be honest, I have only attempted clothing a few times with varying degrees of success.

The cloning machines looked good, mainly as I can see if they are rooting... The clones I have now are in the little rock wool squares. I got a 70 per cent strike rate, admittedly a couple of them were off smaller branches than I would of liked.

I'm happy to do it that way, but thought that a machine might increase my strike rate, or speed it up ??

I guess my main aim is something that is easy and low maintenance... But works.

Now that you've said that it gives a clearer picture. :)

Though It still comes down to creating the right environment for them. Having the optimum lighting, temperature and humidity levels will see your strike rate increase dramatically. Unfortunately it's not as simple as buying something off the shelf and all your concerns are diminished.

Admittedly those are a great looking little cloner, it should work alright in Qld during the Summer months (in the right enviroment). Though you'll still most likely require a heatpad during the cooler months of the year.

As a customer, my main concern would be how readily available the replacement parts are for them, because if the fan or pump goes down it might turn into junk real quick if you can't change the parts out with them. At least with something you've constructed yourself you already know how to go about fixing them quickly, and on the cheap.

But yeah, good luck with it all, Bill. :peace:

Edited by Indycar

Yup, depends what medium you're planting the clones into, jiffies would be ideal for most mediums.

Though I do DWC indoors and the rock wool is better suited to that style. Usually getting numerous roots poking out of the 40mm cubes around the 10 day mark.

hey mate that's not bad 10 days to see roots. I can see why some people need to use rock wool for dwc nft ect. this year is the first year with jiffys for clones have used them for seedling in past but for clones they rock super cheap and I always getting 100% stike rate

• Upvote 1

This time of year you can get away with a clear sealable lunch box, with say a dozen pucks or cubes pre soaked PHed then do the do chop chop. A quick spray with same soak solution to initially build humidity there after cubes/pucks will maintain a higher ph due tohigh h2o content. Seal your box,crib,bucket,coke bottle then place in a mild semi shaded place in ur yard. After 3 days pop the lid exchange air do a mildew check = too wet medium and not sterile container. I get roots faster under the sun vs flouro 7+ and only cost are the 50c cubes all disposed when white fluffy roots are an inch out of the cube fresh plant before any root damage to prevent uneven slow or transplant shock.

Is as easy or hard as u make it, really not much too it. Can even try on plant clones simply scar at a node the use a hook to keep scar just covered in medium. Id go this route if only need a few bubs no extra space, plant numbers or equipment..

High n buy fellow bent minds. ♻