home made co2 emitter

hi guys and girls watching internet last night seen this small grow room with home made co2 emitter

two plastic coke bottles one 2lit one 600 ml . two length of clear air hose same as fish tank air stone hose drill one hole in two liter lid . drill two holes in 600ml lid . push one hose in hole on lid of 2 liter bottle about five cm seal with sealant run the other end of hose to lid of 600ml bottle push hose allmost to bottom of bottle . with the other lenght of hose push though second hole 600ml bottle about 5cm seal hose hole with sealant . let sealant dry . now get some raw sugar 3/4 of a cup . one teaspoon of yeast put this into two liter bottle with 6 cups of hot water not boiling just out of tape . in the 600ml half fill with cold water put caps and hose in bottle . it takes about 5 minutes before your will see bubble forming in 600ml . right in your grow room . or tent place co2 emmiter on floor run the lengh of hose to a small elec fan near roof place hose be hide fan tape hose to back of the safety grill leave fan on none oscillator this fan sucks co2 out of hose because co2 is heavy the air have a other fan oscillating in tent to circlant co2 in grow room or tent. i hope i explain it alright thank boarderliner

i tend to agree with billygoat here an im not trying to be negative, to make it even  semi worth while you would have to do a few big yeast setups an as long as there is still activity from the yeast in container it will release small increments of co2 just add more suger when the foaming dies down , heard you run  co2 more so  in vege an temperatures can run much higher   i guess  you need the room to have enough co2 aswell  without venting all of it out by the time it does anything so you have to hook fans up to thermostat or timer an vent at certain intervals to retain the right levels of co2  to suit your space an dimentions ,  if quicker vege times is what your after just do small perpetuel other than that i also dont see the point if your gonna get serious  might as well go all out remember you only get out what you put in if your going to go through the effort for co2 in the first place you may as well seal the room up buy tanks an a big room where its worthwhile  only my opinion but id love to see you try a setup an diary so we can see how much if any noticable difference an if its worthwhile or not if you dont drink beer an not allready brewing you may aswell start now haha ps ill help you drink alcoholic ginger beer YUMMO

I can't say I've seen anyone benefit from using CO2 with their grows, in fact it doesn't make much sense at all as it'd be quickly extracted out of the room with a decent ventilation system.

The simple rule of thumb is, if you want good buds, start with good genetics. Nothing can compensate for that.

thats the point i think you have a sealed environment an release it as temps reach there limits but they are able to run alot higher than normal i honestly havent looked into it much im sure someone here has a better understanding than me  allthough i know its extremley good for white fly or aphid/ gnat control with tanks just crank up the parts per million for few minutes am bam every bug in the room is dead :) 

• Upvote 1

Sound like a heavily designed system you've mentioned there, only release air once the temps have reached a certain point. With my limited knowledge of sensors and solenoids, I'd say I wouldn't run the risk relying on the tech to manage my grow space, as it's bound to fail you at some stage.

I'll stick with the KISS style of growing, "keep it simple stupid".

EDIT: I see your point about it being used to eradicate bugs, mate. If it works it could a great way to knock out a infestation. Something I've been fortunate to avoid so far. I dunno whether I've been lucky or the DWC style of growing I do minimises the chance of the nasties taking a foot hold.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1

thanks indycar i will stick to kiss style of growing lol and thanks to all you guys . ps starting with good genetics already seen one mates grow outdoors boarderline strain plant almost 7 foot high 30 1/2 oz wicked smoke i broke my back years ago still can walk but in pain alot boarderliner hits the spot i can sleep and it help with pain alot sorry guys for the life story again that for all the help and knowledge from boarderliner
  • Upvote 1

Hey Boarderline,

Good to hear another pain sufferer getting relief from this magic plant.

As for the CO2, I have used bicarb and acid to produce CO2 and in the winter months added a gas heater, which also produces CO2. But I'm sorry to say the improvement was minimal. The addition of another light has been much more beneficial with my setup. Now admittedly, both of those CO2 attempts were super low tech, but the expenditure on going hi tech and then not to obtain a noticeable improvement would be awful hard on the pocket.

Personally, and as another member has written on the subject previously, for CO2 to be of benefit you need to have every other component of you setup keyed in exactly. Having excellent airflow and air exchange can give you more then ample CO2 levels. There is a fine balance between light, heat, photosynthesis and CO2. You can poke as much CO2 into a space as you possibly can, but if the temperature isn't right or there isn't enough light for photosynthesis to occur at an optimum level, that CO2 can't be used. Remembering that as the plant uses CO2 it produces O2 as plant waste, so that air needs to be expelled from the grow space to get rid of the O2 and replenish with fresh CO2.

I like the KISS theory, it's always worked well for me. The less I have to manage the better imo, so I keep mine real simple.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1