Quick Multi Flowering in Same Tent Q's

Just a few quick questions about flowering multiple plants in the same tent. Tent of which is 12/12 light cycle.

Does it matter how many different strains?

Do strains affect each other in way of strain effects?

Do ages of flowering plant need to match up? IE can one plant be in it's last week of flowering before harvest and a fresh flowering lady can be introduced into the same tent?

Are there any "Tips" for things that could also arise that aren't being expected?

Cheers all :D

Does it matter how many different strains? Yes, it can. When you turn 12/12 there is a huge growth splurt. Some plants grow more quickly than others and can overtake your grow space and thus block the light to the other plants. I have had this problem previously, hence the reason I only grow one strain at a time. This way the splurt is pretty much even throughout the entire grow room.
Do strains affect each other in way of strain effects? This is a very debatable question, some say 'yes' some say 'no'

Do ages of flowering plants need to match up? Technically, no. But the older the plants become the more likely you are of having mature pollen sacks. If an older plant, nearing the end of flowering, develops balls it is unlikely the plant will have enough time to grow seeds BUT if there is a younger plant in flower within the same space there may well be enough time for those seeds to fully develop. Personally I'd be trying to keep the differing ages separated.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

It helps to look for

Plants that have similar stretch

It's no good having one that you put in there at the same height as others but upon stretch it went say 4 times higher than others that stretched only double ,as an example.

So the amount of stretch is very important I think for multi strain grows

But you can have blocks or something to raise your pots , if using pots

I've done that and had not only fun but lots of nice flavours at the end

Another thing to be aware of is differing nutrient needs of each strain and for their individual nutrient needs at different stages of growth

It really just means lots of extra work ,raising pots to be level ,and mixing different ratios of nutes

Do strains effect each other in way of strain effects ? Not sure what you mean there.

If your putting in plants at different times you'll need to time when one is finished and another is at the right stage to put in to head

That timing would be quite difficult to master with strains your not familiar with

My multi strain grows are put to head at the same time or at least close to the same time

I generally aim for similar stretch and similar flower time

I wouldn't try multi stains if in recirculating nutes.

Google "Seed Finders" they are a good source for info on stretch.

Like I said ,expect extra maintenance ,but the rewards are worth it

Cheers SE.

Just a few quick questions about flowering multiple plants in the same tent. Tent of which is 12/12 light cycle.

Does it matter how many different strains?

Do strains affect each other in way of strain effects?

Do ages of flowering plant need to match up? IE can one plant be in it's last week of flowering before harvest and a fresh flowering lady can be introduced into the same tent?

Are there any "Tips" for things that could also arise that aren't being expected?

Cheers all :D

Legendary info thanks peeps merl1n and Serrated edge!

What I was meaning by "Do strains effect each other in way of strain effects?" was simply say one plant was example Pineapple Express and another was OG Kush both Hybrid in the same tent flowering at the same time. Would the Pineapple Express have any extra "Effects" that would be passed from the OG Kush? IF there are any that is. So say Pex doesn't give you the munchies after being dried alone but after being dried in the same tent as the Ogk, which does give you the munchies, whenever you smoke that Pex, you DO get the munchies.

Pex dried alone = No munchies

Pex dried in same tent as Ogk = Munchies.

(I'm reallllllllllly crap at trying to explain stuff and have it make sense!) 

Cheers.

Legendary info thanks peeps merl1n and Serrated edge!

What I was meaning by "Do strains effect each other in way of strain effects?" was simply say one plant was example Pineapple Express and another was OG Kush both Hybrid in the same tent flowering at the same time. Would the Pineapple Express have any extra "Effects" that would be passed from the OG Kush? IF there are any that is. So say Pex doesn't give you the munchies after being dried alone but after being dried in the same tent as the Ogk, which does give you the munchies, whenever you smoke that Pex, you DO get the munchies.

Pex dried alone = No munchies

Pex dried in same tent as Ogk = Munchies.

(I'm reallllllllllly crap at trying to explain stuff and have it make sense!) 

Cheers.

No mate nothing passed on

Unless one goes hermie

Even if their hanging up drying together and sometimes they touch each other you may get some oils from one plant smearing on parts of

another but I highly doubt it would be enough to change the effects

Cheers